Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maximizing your marketing and turning estimates into sales can involve something as simple as the time of day you are calling back prospects. If you are dealing with someone in business, be it self-employed or in a management position in a company keep the following in mind:

- Between the hours of 9-11 a.m. is the best time to call, fax, or email and get a prompt reply because this is the time period in which your customers can generally afford to give the most attention to your message.

- The later you call, the more you are likely to have to deal with competing distractions.

- Historically, this is the most likely time period to find your customer on the job.

- Most people are in a more receptive mood at this time of day. Traditionally, one's energy level is the highest during this time frame, therefore more open and receptive.

- Best of all, your lazy competition will not likely be conducting business yet.

How do you take advantage of this situation? Set yourself up for it. When first making contact with the customer and assessing the job, if you can't give them an estimate right then and there and they fit the above criteria as a business owner or manager, get their business number and ask them if it is alright to call them the next morning to fax them the numbers and go over the details. According to people in the know, this technique can translate into higher percentages of conversions of prospects to sales.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I also call alot on Saturday's.
I usually give bid's during the weekday, but for some that have been hanging around awhile, I use Saturday as a good day to reach them.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
ASAP is my answer. Most of my leads come through the internet and the customer has left an indication of best time to call so I am not handicapped there.

I call and call again. I'e been known to call a few times a day. I'll leave a voice mail only once but what does it hurt to try again? It's doesn't hurt.

When people call the office for me and I am not there the assistant volunteers my cell number. To be honest any customer I want to do business with I give my cell number.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I have eliminated my office number, it is availible for other purposes but now my customers speak directly to me, numero uno.
I call customers between 9:00 to 5:00, Mon. through Fri. No weekend or Holiday calls unless that barrier has been previously crossed.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I plan to be much larger than a one man show. I plan to have office staff answering the phones. The last thing I want to do is answer each and every phone call that comes in. Right now as it is with my current job if I were to answer each and every phone call I'd get very little work done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts