Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Question about door casing with rosettes:
Many of the doors in a place I’m renovating are crammed in a tight space where the current casing (rosette free) is ripped way down to a strip that fits. Customer wants rosettes on all the casing... would you rip rosettes, cutting the profile, or set them closer together so the full profile is visible, or just leave them out entirely on these doorways and mitre my casing at the corners?
Unless you can move the door, I would tell homeowner that it will not work and in the end it will look like a horrible mistake. Just do it to the doors that it will work like an entry door, or some other "special" room, such that they can have them in their home, but otherwise I wouldn't do it.

When they show someone, or someone notices, do you think the homeowner will NOT though you under the buss? LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
even though your reply is snarky, it was actually the best advice you were given. But since you're actually the homeowner coming in here posing as a contractor hoping we will give you professional advice for free, well........it's kinda hard for you to have that conversation, isn't it?
Hahahahaha! I love it!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts