Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

Registered
You and Easy should get together he thought Chestnut was oak
Cedar smells like cedar shavings that we had for hamsters, has a closed grain. Mahogany has an open grain similar to oak

The wood that Reggi has may actually have come from a shipping pallet or box from Southeast Asia, A friend gets shipments of materials from Malaysia and the pallet are made from really nice wood like that, his shipping manager uses all the wood and makes furniture from it.
Nice wood?

Relentless
Space Mining
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just go on and throw it away. 馃
I think I'll make a keychain out of it. Or tether my phone to it. Or maybe just put it in the pile of assorted wood samples by my desk.

This one was just a plain old stud in a 100 year old house. It's quite heavy. Might keep it in the truck for personal defense. It'll probably break but not before it hurts.
Wood Gesture Rectangle Art Artifact
Wood Natural material Rectangle Artifact Tints and shades

Registered
I think I'll make a keychain out of it. Or tether my phone to it. Or maybe just put it in the pile of assorted wood samples by my desk.

This one was just a plain old stud in a 100 year old house. It's quite heavy. Might keep it in the truck for personal defense. It'll probably break but not before it hurts. View attachment 530879 View attachment 530880
With some effective prose (written in italics) there's probably a market for it.

Registered
Remodel
Reggi, to see the end grain you have to take a sharp chisel or knife and shave a thin layer off.

Do that to the first block, and you should see holes, because it's balsa.

Relentless
Space Mining
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Looks just like Honduran Mahogany...built many of courtyard gates with the stuff.
Thanks. Looks like you鈥檝e been gone the entire time I鈥檝e been a member. I remember seeing your name around a lot during my pre-membership days of searching the forum.

Welcome back.

Reactions: superseal

Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere

Relentless
Space Mining
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I鈥檓 gonna slice it real thin and send everyone who鈥檚 replied a sample, 1st class mail.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts