Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mermaid Pinup Coasters /mermaid Gift / Marble Coasters/ Marble - Etsy Israel

Well that's clearly a mermaid. But what about this block of wood I found among the clutter while slamming Redbull and cleaning the shop?
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory

Hand Wood Gesture Finger Terrestrial plant

Finger Circuit component Wood Metal Nickel

It is conspicuously low density. That's probably why I saved it from the dumpster at some point.

I will do my own investigation later if the woodmisers present are stumped. Just wanted some instant results so I can finally throw it in the dumpster.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm just trying to figure out how you got yer ole lady to pose for that?!?
Said I had a piece of wood of such and such size, not particularly dense but it’s straight and apparently holds up to screwing.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just go on and throw it away. 🤠
I think I'll make a keychain out of it. Or tether my phone to it. Or maybe just put it in the pile of assorted wood samples by my desk.

This one was just a plain old stud in a 100 year old house. It's quite heavy. Might keep it in the truck for personal defense. It'll probably break but not before it hurts.
Wood Gesture Rectangle Art Artifact
Wood Natural material Rectangle Artifact Tints and shades

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Looks just like Honduran Mahogany...built many of courtyard gates with the stuff.
Thanks. Looks like you’ve been gone the entire time I’ve been a member. I remember seeing your name around a lot during my pre-membership days of searching the forum.

Welcome back.

Reactions: superseal

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I’m gonna slice it real thin and send everyone who’s replied a sample, 1st class mail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts