Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mermaid Pinup Coasters /mermaid Gift / Marble Coasters/ Marble - Etsy Israel

Well that's clearly a mermaid. But what about this block of wood I found among the clutter while slamming Redbull and cleaning the shop?
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory

Hand Wood Gesture Finger Terrestrial plant

Finger Circuit component Wood Metal Nickel

It is conspicuously low density. That's probably why I saved it from the dumpster at some point.

I will do my own investigation later if the woodmisers present are stumped. Just wanted some instant results so I can finally throw it in the dumpster.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm just trying to figure out how you got yer ole lady to pose for that?!?
Said I had a piece of wood of such and such size, not particularly dense but it’s straight and apparently holds up to screwing.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
Remodel
35,588 Posts
First photo. Need clarification if that's a single or split tail.

2nd photo. Low density balsa wood looks exactly like that. It used to be used a lot in boats for interior stuff sandwiched between materials, and fiberglass hulls sandwiched between layers of fiberglass.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Ouch. But it still looks like some cedar we had growing up for making a grapevine trellis type of thing . My folks still have a few chunks just like that in the garage.
You and Easy should get together he thought Chestnut was oak
Cedar smells like cedar shavings that we had for hamsters, has a closed grain. Mahogany has an open grain similar to oak

The wood that Reggi has may actually have come from a shipping pallet or box from Southeast Asia, A friend gets shipments of materials from Malaysia and the pallet are made from really nice wood like that, his shipping manager uses all the wood and makes furniture from it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts