Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm new to the site so I don't know if this is the correct area to post this, if it isnt let me know. Anyways, I'm a small contractor who is relatively new to the business side of things. I have my ticket but they only teach you the basics of paper estimating. My question is, what software do you recommend and what (if any) literature is available on regional item costs? I have a very good grasp on the costs of labor and material for the city I lived most my life but am finding big price differences in my new area when estimating. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there saw your post and just thought Id Chime in. I use the AssignmentBoard.com software. It helps track my Accounts/Clients and Work Assignments. Its pretty cool, there is even Instant Messaging built right in. It works through both your cell phone or PC and can use either or. Its helped me save time and Money.
Let me know if you are interested and I can let you know the site.
Hops this helps?
J

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
I for one think it's insane to run business accounts on the internet. The internet is not private. I've turned down national work that requires it, my business is my business. I am not a large company but I do things the old fashioned way, I figure out the material costs, labor, materials, etc. add a markup and go with my instincts.

I'm using Debian for an OS so just invoice with LibreOffice. I'm learning GNUCash and may use that eventually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts