Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-

I am about to graduate high school and i am enrolled in Ranken technical College in St. Louis. I was wondering what would be the best way for my to go job wise after i graduate Ranken? I have alot of experience for a kid my age being i have been in a building trades class the past 2 yeras and have worked for a local carpenter the past few summers. I livein central illinois and want to start my own business eventually but what shoudl i do after college? Union, local carpenter?? please tell me what you think! Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can't beat Union benefits, yet you stand the chance of having no work.

Some are perfectly happy in the Union, some people think Union workers are the plauge. Its all personal preferance. If you enjoy it, go for it. Nobody can make that decision for you.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Strive to be the best in your chosen profession. Locate old timers and persuade them to unload on you. You won't need a union.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not to be rude but shutup and LISTEN!! Vendors are the best place to find a job! Be nice to them because they can wreck ya!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I mean LISTEN like TEETORBILT said. Old school work ethic with a little of todays technology makes it work out, union or not!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I have never paid anyone to allow me to work. It's un-American.
I don't care how you do it up North! If it's so good up there, why do y'all keep moving down here?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts