Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if you remember but i got a few tools stolen so i need some more. I need a Jigsaw,Cutout tool,Power planner,compresser,and a miter saw. I had the Dewalt dw708 miter,the bosche jig,Dewalt cutout,Bosche planner,and the 1gal senco compress. I'm going to get the 708 again because i think it's best and besides i have the 732 stand but i'm not sure about the others. I really wish they would have stolen my porter cable battery nailer and left me something else :D but no luck. I didn't use the cutout tool much so i was thinking of going for the cheaper rotozip since it comes with more bits but i like how powerful the dewalt is. I install cabinets and use my tools every day. Any suggestions? thanks .... How are those ridgid tools. They look nice

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rigid tools are great! I have been using the "pack" (screwgun, sawzall, etc...) for about 6 months now...no complaints whatsoever...except they are a little heavy...I recomend rigid to eevry one!

BTW, I would aslo get another dewalt saw...i think they are awesome!

·
Registered
28 Posts
MANTUS said:
Don't know if you remember but i got a few tools stolen so i need some more. I need a Jigsaw,Cutout tool,Power planner,compresser,and a miter saw. I had the Dewalt dw708 miter,the bosche jig,Dewalt cutout,Bosche planner,and the 1gal senco compress. I'm going to get the 708 again because i think it's best and besides i have the 732 stand but i'm not sure about the others. I really wish they would have stolen my porter cable battery nailer and left me something else :D but no luck. I didn't use the cutout tool much so i was thinking of going for the cheaper rotozip since it comes with more bits but i like how powerful the dewalt is. I install cabinets and use my tools every day. Any suggestions? thanks .... How are those ridgid tools. They look nice
I just picked up a Ridgid 10" Miter. it's pretty damn nice. I already have a 12" Dewalt Sliding miter but the 10" is nice when you only have trim to do and that 12" is SOOO DAMN HEAVY to pull out for some casing. Took a lil bit to get setup (Squaring the blade... bla bla bla.) Also blade changes are pretty quick on it. I also have the 4PC Cordless set 18V and wouldn't trade it for the world...

·
Registered
55 Posts
i personally would try the line of bosch tools over ridgid. i used there 18v drill and it had issues and i sent it back and bought a bosch.... mitre saw was warranty issued on a 10" and said to hell with it too. Bought the 4410L from bosch and it is by far the best of the 4 saws that i have owned in my trimming career..( bosch, dewalt, hitachi and makita )

good warrenty on the tools but the goal shud be to use the tool and not have it in for service all the time... Bosch Tools are the benchmark in my eyes...... my 2 cents

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Somehow, - - I doubt if he was willing to wait 2 years for your advice, Mike, - - good as it was . . . :laughing:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I have the dewalt 715 miter saw i like it Id stay with that, I think its one of the lightest ones out there. And as for the power planer I now have the dewalt I like it better than the bosch its lighter and real smooth, it dosent come with the dust bag though. I also have the dewalt 315 jig saw, I dont like it the blade will not stay straight. I was looking into the bosch barrel grip jig saw. As for a cutout tool I have just a basic rotozip its not to bad I hardly ever use it though.

Dave

·
Registered
227 Posts
We've got all Ridgid........NO complaints......very strong tools, lots of torque......and very thought out when made.......Only thing I know bad about them(mostly drill) is they are a bit heavy.....mostly noticable on overhead stuff.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I'd hold off, I here some great tools will be on the market in 2008.

·
Rebuilding the past.
127 Posts
Somehow, - - I doubt if he was willing to wait 2 years for your advice, Mike, - - good as it was . . . :laughing:
I was wondering the same thing. Dont even get me started on what i think of the rigid tools. They are a H.D. brand for a season.

·
Registered
227 Posts
......And what is better than the ridgid tools??? As far as our's(I'm sure there are bad ones in every bunch)......but ours seem to work very well, lots of power, and designed good too(but HEAVY)......I think they are just as good as any Dewalt I've used(which used to be the top brand)....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts