Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used King Parge Mix with some success. I have also used a sticky 1-2-8 or 1-3-9 (portland-lime-sand). What about a product with fibres in it? what do you guys use that works. cold winters, hot summers, using galvanized metal lath over ICF for next project.

thx

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Types S with some acyrlic modifier.

I have work on lath from about 5 years ago that I see often that still looks brand new. Just work to avoid the sun beating on it and don't overwork it and you'll be golden.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
There is a product that can be put right over the ICF without lath but you do need sheets of this fibre stuff. Not cheap, but it works nice, I got the name from Chris Johnson here who does a lot of ICF.

As for parging over concrete I don't really do it but in my opinion the main cause of failure is not cleaning the foundation enough. Form oil is still on the wall and the parge just won't adhere.

When i do parge i do a PCL type N mixed rich, 1:1:5

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Sticky mesh right on foam and then scratch coat with a product called Tuff 2, after dries do your final coat of Tuff 2 with desired finish (stucco look, knock down, etc...).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts