Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What motels/hotels do you use for your crews traveling overnight?

We require a hot breakfast included with room for all of us. I prefer a hot tub, pool, sauna on property but do not require it.

We have had good luck with

Country Inns and Suites $54 suite, hot breakfast, hot tub, pool, gym
Comfort Inn $52 Hot breakfast, gym
Rodeway Inn $50 Hot breakfast

All have internet

I will always check those three in new areas

The easiest to do business with was Rodeway. I think I can get them down more with more rooms.

I just started learning which chains are what for market level but some tend not to stick to that when they can rent for multiple week nights

I have had no luck with

Holiday Inns
Hampton Inn
Motel 6
Red Roof Inn
Marriot Brands (Fairfield, Courtyard, Marriot)

Too spendy

I also find the reward programs a waste compared to going in and negotiating a better deal direct with an owner, GM or salesperson.

I am just starting to learn he brands and what they are about in terms of value, mid price and high end. It takes a while because we don't travel much but I seem to like the Choice Hotel Brands of which Rodeway and Comfort are both part of. I will learn more about the rest as I do more business with them.

The Rodeway was able to look me up under the Comfort frnm a different city.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've had good luck with Extended Stay America on monthly rate. Their daily rate or even weekly is not so great, but very good pricing on the monthly. But never take the off the street price, go straight to corporate sales manager.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts