Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several lead service websites, such as, service magic, angie list, and bid clerk just to name a few.

Can anyone recommend, say what site they have heard is good or are currently using is worth the money with good leads. Bid clerk, what do you think? Bid Alert, what do you think? :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes they suck but...

I have just tried this lead company... and their leads seem to be pretty good.... they are pretty fresh and the customer knew I was calling .... but I have only used them for a couple of weeks...you can can try them... their phone number 1-978-476-0309 Kristina might be able to help you. It really depends on how fast you call this lead. What I like about this lead source they will send yours leads to your text message cell phone, cuz I am always out doing proposals in the field. Kinda like that I get these leads this way. So far I have closed 7 jobs from their leads...I don't know I gotta give it longer try, but so far for the money it seems ok. I wanna see how it works or the long haul.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To workingman1, and DavidC, is that an enuendo towards me, cuz I am a electrical contractor JAG Interprise, been in business for over 30 years, this economy has effected all us, I only suggested using the company I used after getting private emails from everyone. I only referred them because unlike other lead companies, this company has given me a lot of work. Plus they reward you for any referrals you send. I don't know about you, but it is about getting work....and I don't pay for these leads until I get the job. You get what you pay for...for me...notice I don't give out the company name...why would I do that....I only recommend it to be helpful...personally you gotta use what works for u. I hope it works for u workingman1. Keep us posted we all want good leads and more jobs.

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
To workingman1, and DavidC, is that an enuendo towards me, cuz I am a electrical contractor JAG Interprise, been in business for over 30 years, this economy has effected all us, I only suggested using the company I used after getting private emails from everyone. I only referred them because unlike other lead companies, this company has given me a lot of work. Plus they reward you for any referrals you send. I don't know about you, but it is about getting work....and I don't pay for these leads until I get the job. You get what you pay for...for me...notice I don't give out the company name...why would I do that....I only recommend it to be helpful...personally you gotta use what works for u. I hope it works for u workingman1. Keep us posted we all want good leads and more jobs.
jgenho, in all honesty I would have to say partially yes. Nothing personal though. Consider you had 3 posts and I noted 2 of them promoting the LGS and the above quote your 4th. Everybody knows that electricians are supposed to be flaming other contractors for playing with electricity, not promoting lead services. :>)

But you're not the only one and it don't really matter much. Just that I've been noticing a lot of these threads recently and most that start them have 3 or less posts to their record. Just makes me suspicious is all. After all, I am an old goat.

Personally, I've tried at least 5 of them and haven't found a good one yet. Never say never, but I don't plan on test driving any more. My website works better and costs less than we used to spend on leads.

Good Luck
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ya know I have 8 jobs starting this week. This will be my last post, I thought I was just responding to a simple question from someone who was asking if anyone knew of a good lead source....sorry I ever answered. I only joined the forum because I was in between jobs. I am leaving this forum as I am too busy with work. 2ndly.... its seems that I noticed you guys aren't busy with jobs...is that why you are on this forum all day long....not mention you guys have croutchety attitudes... maybe that's why you don't have enough jobs.... you couldn't pay a compliment to anyone to save your own life...the bunch of you are very negative... good luck to all of you. It seems to be more of complaint board than...a good forum where we are here to help one another.... thanks for the warm welcome...folks. Goodbye and good luck.

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
Nobody is trying to run anybody off here. Like yourself, I was just responding to a question. Call me croutchety after I typed in my best smiley and everything, geez take a pill. It is spelled "crotchety" by the way. Caution, the following indicates offered as humor :>)

Stick around and you will realize that there is a lot of helpful info here. But you'll need a thicker skin.

In general (as in not @ anyone in particular), why is it that all the newbies that come in guns a blazing for the lead services assume we are all out of work because some of us don't like to promote LGS's? I don't know how many times I've said our website works better and costs less and the standard response is I don't know how to work the lead providers program.

Works better, costs less. It ain't rocket surgery.

@jgenho; sorry if I ruffled your feathers and truly sorry if I made you feel unwelcome here. I too am just a guest here and didn't mean to offend.

Good Luck
Dave

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
Workingman1, I truly hope that one works out for you. And just as much I hope you will file a report here when there is something to say either way. It would be great thing to find one that really works well.

IMO, that would mean that they dig up and verify the leads of their own volition, follow up on the service the contractor provided and treat the contractor as a customer rather than a cash cow.

True that I am predisposed to a negative attitude towards all LGS's. This is after using 5 of them over a period of a few years and finally giving up on them. I did eventually hook up with GeekSpecialties.com. They built and maintain my website for less than I spent monthly on leads. The site may not win any awards but we are currently booked until mid March without having to sift through the mud to find a diamond.

Actually I am still on the roster of one LGS, but only because they have agreed to not bill me the monthly maintenance fee when I called to cancel. I would not allow them to use my name for anything other than invoices and other correspondence to me. It's been over a year and I have not recieved any leads at all, ever. That tells me they need to use my info to gather leads. So I'd be paying for leads that were already interested in my company.

Hope your works out.

Good Luck
Dave

·
DavidC
2,550 Posts
.....and another contractor answers the question with what lead service they use, it is now called baiting?.....
You guys are cracking me up. I will type slowly.

The baiting remark referred to the recent upsurge in threads on this topic by newbies. Just an observation, not intended to offend.

Maybe your service is the Ace in the Hole that has the silver bullet. I don't know. Don't care because......

Works better, Cost less.

Good Luck
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I am a new contractor on this site. I am wondering how much are the leads that you are advertising workingman1 on that website above. I went to their website and searched everywhere yet there is no price list anywhere. Also, I saw you on their forum, and you were the only person who has ever posted their. I noticed that you just joined this site, and i am wondering if you are a real customer of theirs, or just an employee their. I am only asking because if you are an employee there, it would be hard for me to take what you have been saying in all of your threads, and believe that you have had a great experience with that company. What I am trying to say, really, is I need to be able to trust that you are just a customer, because I am really seeking a lead company that I can trust, and I need to take your word for it that you are not a vendor, thanks, no offense meant.

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Hi, I am a new contractor on this site. I am wondering how much are the leads that you are advertising workingman1 on that website above. I went to their website and searched everywhere yet there is no price list anywhere. Also, I saw you on their forum, and you were the only person who has ever posted their. I noticed that you just joined this site, and i am wondering if you are a real customer of theirs, or just an employee their. I am only asking because if you are an employee there, it would be hard for me to take what you have been saying in all of your threads, and believe that you have had a great experience with that company. What I am trying to say, really, is I need to be able to trust that you are just a customer, because I am really seeking a lead company that I can trust, and I need to take your word for it that you are not a vendor, thanks, no offense meant.

I'm betting he's affiliated with them. My spidey senses are tingling.

·
Hair Splitter
18,326 Posts
Suspect if a guy gets on here and promotes some LGS, gets called out, and bails...Hmmmm....PLANT! I disagree with ya David, he can go.

My $.02 worth.

And I won't say that I have little to no problems with SM and have had a great ROI. I am beginning to think that it may have to do more with area of the country. Just a thought.

Rob

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
And I won't say that I have little to no problems with SM and have had a great ROI. I am beginning to think that it may have to do more with area of the country. Just a thought.

Rob
I know 2 local contractors that have pretty decent luck with SM. Both are in S-S/W burbs.

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
I having a little trouble figuring out just what it is you said here.

And I'm suspecting you're confusing me with Angus. That would be a mistake, I'm much better looking. :>)

Good Luck
Dave
I dunno....Keith Stone vs a Goat.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful :whistling

·
Hair Splitter
18,326 Posts
I having a little trouble figuring out just what it is you said here.

And I'm suspecting you're confusing me with Angus. That would be a mistake, I'm much better looking. :>)

Good Luck
Dave
This is what you said:

"Stick around and you will realize that there is a lot of helpful info here. But you'll need a thicker skin."

Let the guy go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
response to Angus242

Hey Angus and others just to clarify:

No offense taken.
I'm new to this site and I'm just giving you info on a site that I found. Basically answering the questions posted. I got a flyer on my marked construction vehicle a couple of weeks ago touting the LGS. They apparently originated in the same city as my Construction company is in so I suspect thats how and why I know about them and none of you have heard of them yet even though it looks like they are a national biz.

As I said before they seem fairly new but seem to try to do what is best for contractors like myself from what I've read. And yes, I did get a couple of good leads and landed one. If you don't believe me thats fine. More leads for me. I was just trying to help.

The only reason I even posted on this forum is I was so disgusted with SM and wanted to find a different lead service which I did after posting. But apparently answering a question positively raises red flags. "DavidC". Guess I'm not the only one burned by bad services in the past. But I don't go around be disgruntled and taking cheap shots at other people.
Guess I got lucky with this one. Time will tell if they are like the rest.

As far as pricing. I filled in the form asking for more info and they were more than happy to send me their pricing which I was obviously okay with since I signed up. And just to be sure we are on the same page. Could you tell me where on Servicemagics site or most any other sites where they post their lead prices because I have never found it. I had to request the info.

Additionally as I said before ----------------- seems pretty new and I went through the their site with a fine tooth comb and came across the forum. Was happy to be one of the first to post on the forum and if you noticed my post was political in content and not touting their business. Just thought it would be fun to be one of the first to post on a site.

So in closing I hope you find one you like and best of luck to all of you. I okay so far with the one I found.

·
Electrical Contractor
87 Posts
The only sure fire way to tell if a lead service company is a scam is if they offer to sell you leads. If a lead service company claims that for a fee, they will send you leads, that is de facto evidence of a scam.

Stay away from anybody offering to sell you leads.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.