Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Superior Walls is a great system that I've used many times in the last few years. Great folks to work with. Nothing is ever a problem. Gravel and perimeter drain to daylight means there are no water problems. Their crew spends lots of time getting gravel compacted and perfectly level. Setting wall sections is fast. Caulk or sealant is used between panels which are attached with bolts top and bottom. Check out their website for construction details.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
charlie828 said:
Superior Walls is a great system that I've used many times in the last few years. Great folks to work with. Nothing is ever a problem. Gravel and perimeter drain to daylight means there are no water problems. Their crew spends lots of time getting gravel compacted and perfectly level. Setting wall sections is fast. Caulk or sealant is used between panels which are attached with bolts top and bottom. Check out their website for construction details.
Do do they install the walls as part of the price?

·
Always Learning
8,780 Posts
I have a good friend that builds crazy awesome homes and he loves superior walls! I tried to use them a couple of times, but my area is very conservative and no one could wrap there homeowner minds around not pouring concrete for their foundation. According to Superior, their Crete ends up a much higher psi than conventional poured walls. Also you can build on them the next day after they are set...just can't backfill until the deck is on...which is good practice anyway.

·
Always Learning
8,780 Posts
BCConstruction said:
Do do they install the walls as part of the price?
I believe they do. They require enough room on site for the truck and your crane to set up and they take it from there. My buddy always told me on a 9' basement they are 10-15% more than poured wall. On 10', they end up a little cheaper...FWIW.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Superior Walls here (Western NC) has guy who comes to look at site, discuss construction details, see where to place crane, unload trucks, scheduling, etc. Great service and always right on schedule. Walls have broom finish that is consistent texture and color - I prefer to leave as-is. Building inspector wants it waterproofed like poured wall, but I think it's unnecessary. Follow construction details. Sometimes extra wall plates are needed next to stairways. Use for full basement. Not economical for crawl space.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
We built a house on a Superior walls basement once, it was fairly cut up (36 corners ) . If I remember right everything turned out perfect, walls were level and square. It was nice. Built a full two story house on top.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I have a good friend that builds crazy awesome homes and he loves superior walls! I tried to use them a couple of times, but my area is very conservative and no one could wrap there homeowner minds around not pouring concrete for their foundation. According to Superior, their Crete ends up a much higher psi than conventional poured walls. Also you can build on them the next day after they are set...just can't backfill until the deck is on...which is good practice anyway.
Just wanted to add, you can't backfill without a poured slab to prevent the walls from kicking in.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
This place is a few miles from me. I've built off of them twice, including the HOH. They were within 5/16" level over 76' and well within what I consider acceptable for square.

You can get a great deal of info from this site.

http://www.northeastprecast.com/residential-

Reactions: Young_Buck
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.