Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you missed me, I've been working.

Local builder, custom, mid range and second home for this customer.

I was scheduled to frame it, but got beat on bid and equipment. Other crew had a lift, I don't.

Shaker style, used superior walls for foundation. 8 / 12, shed roof is 4 / 12. I roofed it (ALONE!) in a week. Kicked my butt, since I haven't roofed in nearly two years. (I had nothing else to do....)

Rear porch was fun. I put on the composite Fiberon over framer's build. Did the Azek skirt and posts too.

Just moved into the garage today. House upper is into paint, lower (basement walkout) is raw in trim. Cherry you see is for the master bath window / mirror frame out with custom valance work I have to do.

I built a seat bench, locker using 1x poplar, MDF panel including the beaded. Crown is poplar. Pocket screws on face framing.

More to come....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Room shots, nothing special.

Master bath, previous said cherry gets finished to this color, and then I'll install it. I'll post pictures of it, but it's tough to get an angle in this galley style bath!

Stairs are ready for newel and baluster, carpet tread / riser. I have to put down the 1/2" engineered wood flooring starting Monday.

Mantle work. Poplar face frame, MDF panel again. 5/4" mantle top of poplar. One board, not finger joined crap. Tile goes infill towards fireplace.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shots of the basement. Again, nothing special. The window openings in the superior walls are fair, but I had to skinny some of the jamb extensions and tweak this and that. They get close, but not as good as a site built would be.

I just moved out of the basement today. 3 1/4" MDF casing and 4 1/4" base. Very simple profile, just wide. No real crown work, other than built in and cabinets.

That's about it. I'll update when it's near finish, or finish.

JamesK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts