Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favourite multitool guys, i carry a leatherman on me at work presently and serves me well. What do you use day to day?

I think next purchase i'll buy the victorinox swiss tool, better quality in my books but happy with the leatherman for now.

The gerber stuff looks good but i havnt owned one myself so i cant comment.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I used to carry a Leatherman Skeletool, unfortunately I haven't replaced it since the pliers head snapped off while replacing an outboard prop at sea.

I like that little tool, it's a lot less bulky and still has the most important features.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to carry a Leatherman Skeletool, unfortunately I haven't replaced it since the pliers head snapped off while replacing an outboard prop at sea.

I like that little tool, it's a lot less bulky and still has the most important features.
I did something similar to my Swiss Army Workchamp which has the smaller pliers on it. Great pliers but overused them as you did.

Skeletool looks cool, doesnt have a lot of stuff on it though from what i've seen.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
paintninja said:
I did something similar to my Swiss Army Workchamp which has the smaller pliers on it. Great pliers but overused them as you did. Skeletool looks cool, doesnt have a lot of stuff on it though from what i've seen.
It is pretty sparse. I typically carry a single bladed folder, a Spyderco or a CRKT M16-T. A full size Leatherman is a little too bulky for my day to day life where I'm usually not far from a full set of tools. I have two Leatherman Waves, though. One in the truck and one in my pack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is pretty sparse. I typically carry a single bladed folder, a Spyderco or a CRKT M16-T. A full size Leatherman is a little too bulky for my day to day life where I'm usually not far from a full set of tools. I have two Leatherman Waves, though. One in the truck and one in my pack.
you can never have too many ! I have several swiss army knives around the house for different purposes, and then there is my small collection that i have also that doesnt get used for anything !

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I carry a Benchmade emissary.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Pretty happy with my Gerber. If it breaks they will replace it which is nice. I've sent two in in the last ten years. Only thing I don't like is no insulation on the handles.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've had original leatherman as well as the Victorinox Swiss tool. Lost both. Currently carry a bargain Victorinox knife with the matte scales and a Milwaukee Fastback 2 utility knife daily.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty happy with my Gerber. If it breaks they will replace it which is nice. I've sent two in in the last ten years. Only thing I don't like is no insulation on the handles.
The gerber stuff looks really good mate i havnt owned one myself yet but that be next on my list i think.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Leatherman Super Tool 300. Had one for years. On my 2nd one but with the original leather sheath. I walk funny without it.

·
Master of none.
85 Posts
Carry a leatherman wave as a multi tool. Dont use it often, but it HAS come in handy.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
asgoodasdead said:
just picked this up at HD for $5 for aan every day carry. has a bottle opener built into it.
I grabbed one of those as well. If you have it clipped in your pocket the bottle opener might stab your hand when you reach for it. Great knife for $5 but the bottle opener is coming off mine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts