Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ceiling Wall Property Plaster Room Water Plaster Concrete Floor in repairing some terrible electrical issues in my house, we tracked a wire to my bathroom ceiling. Pulled the carpet and plywood upstairs to see what it was. Found this knob and tube wire that was butt connected to 22-24g wire and embedded in the sheetrock. What the hell is that? The master that's helping me thinks it may be a frequency shielding device. Like spy stuff. Electrical wiring Floor Wire Electrical supply Flooring

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That thing couldn't have made much heat being in r he ceiling drywall. I would think most of the heat would rise up, even with insulation above. Found the fed pacific label on the factory ends in a non cover j box below the subfloor. Told ya I had electrical problems. Thx guys.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,225 Posts
Agreed that it's not all that efficient, but thousands of houses have electric ceiling heat.

Sometimes hot water. That would have really baffled you. :laughing:

·
Registered
9,607 Posts
My house had that, gave us headaches most of the time. Usually a wire between two layers of drywall or stapled to surface and skim coated over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts