Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a house and the Front only is half way up brick what is best way to get it off. I'm assuming a air compressor and a hand held air chisel should go through motar like butter. Is this correct. Going to be vinyl siding my house in couple of months and the brick looks really dated on front of house old gray color brick. I figure just take it down before vinyl side. Its also somewhat leaning away from house a little bit in a spot I no thats not good. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Pipeguy's method would certinly work, but probably a bit of overkill. If you have the compressor and air chisel go for it. If not a wide chisel and hammer should work just fine, especially if you don't intend on salvaging the brick. Just start at the top and keep popping them off until your finished.
JVC

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent

This is what I thought. My brotherlaw has a air compressor in his garage and a pickup truck he said I can borrow it. I figure a air chisel shouldn't be more that 90 dollars a menards. Its worth the 90 dollars not to break my but trying to get those bricks off. You are correct no reason to salvage bricks. Pipe guy thats one of the coolest pictures I've seen on this website. :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
747, Down here that's known as 'Get 'er done'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts