Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
A payroll form used on Prevailing Wage jobs where you state the classification and hours of each employee for each day and sign certifying that the information is true (and declaring yourself guilty of perjury and other laws if untrue).

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A payroll form used on Prevailing Wage jobs where you state the classification and hours of each employee for each day and sign certifying that the information is true (and declaring yourself guilty of perjury and other laws if untrue).
Thank you very much.

Where do I get this special form? Does the general actually track the number of hours each employee works by requiring time cards at the construction gate? What periods of time and how is the certified payroll verified by the general? Do I just do my accounting using my regular methods, print a report for that specific job and then sign the report stating that it is true and accurate?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Thank you very much.

Where do I get this special form? Does the general actually track the number of hours each employee works by requiring time cards at the construction gate? What periods of time and how is the certified payroll verified by the general? Do I just do my accounting using my regular methods, print a report for that specific job and then sign the report stating that it is true and accurate?

You track the hours and do your payroll accordingly. If you only work that job 4 days of the week, that's all you put on the form.

Here's the DOL form:

http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/wh347.pdf

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
The GC will supply a form for you. Some jobs use the dol form some a state form. It depends on the funding for the job.

·
New York City
289 Posts
not only do you need to certify the payroll, under penalty of law, you have to pay your employees based on what the state or fed says is the "prevailing wage" in your area; usually plus benefits.
can easily be $40,50, 60 per hour.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I'm starting a new construction job and the general wants me to have a certified payroll. What is a certified payroll?
Run forrest Run..this is either a state or Fed Biz op//.

you had to know that before you asked this didnt you?

if it isnt a GVT procurement Op you owe nothing.

PERIOD..

my guess is if you are asking this you are not involved in a GVT procurement.
if you are .,how the hell did you get this far and not know?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hmm, OP - ask if this is a PW job. I'd bet it is and the GC asked for a quote w/o volunteering that information. In one case I had to pay a laborer more than twice his regular pay. Make sure you know what you are getting into.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here in Arizona there is a process called certification and approval. For example, the carpentry contractor must turn in labor and material bills from mechanics and materialmen in order to be reimbursed for these costs. Progress payments are based on these bills. Once the property owner receives the labor and material bills they are considered certified and approved fourteen days after receipt of these bills unless there is a written objection. Payment must then be made within seven days after approval. The carpentry contractor cannot be reimbursed for these costs without furnishing these bills. So the carpentry contractor would need an invoice from the lumber yard for lumber, labor bills from persons, firms, or corporations who perform labor, and so forth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts