Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
south dakota is a VERY nice place to be for about 5 months out of the year....yesterday happened to be one of the very best.

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I know what you mean.
We had a couple of nice
April days.......
last week. :laughing:

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
My wife and I spent two weeks each summer of 07 and 08 in Custer State park and Deadwood and loved it. Would like to spend the summers there when we retire, and come back home to Texas in the winter.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife and I spent two weeks each summer of 07 and 08 in Custer State park and Deadwood and loved it. Would like to spend the summers there when we retire, and come back home to Texas in the winter.
i live 380 miles n.e. of custer, only 25 miles from minnesota border. i live right along I-29. we are going to custer this wknd for wife's family reunion. deadwood/spearfish area is beautiful. i think the drive thru spearfish canyon is one of the prettiest places on earth.

·
Contractor
7,313 Posts
That is a lovely scene Day.

Did the owners of that property get wise to you taking pictures of their place and run you off?

Just kidding. ;)

We have some nice scenery around here but.......You having a lake in the back yard tops all we have. :D

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I enjoyed visiting the nuke bunkers just off the interstate near the Badlands. Also visited the aircraft museum in Rapidopolous (Rapid City).

·
Twisted Cameron
314 Posts
I grew up in Rapid City, It's a wonderful place to be from! but just couldn't ever get out from under the good olde boy system there. Nobody in the trades makes any real money there!!!! But i am going back for a visit this weekend. Oh by the way you east river people crack me up with the brightly light bars and line dancing. haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts