Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
curious... The HBA website says 5 or more employees and the association of General Contractors say 500k and up in payroll. Anybody know what is going to happen? :confused1:

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,074 Posts
No way will it stay at 500K without a compromise

I completely agree with you about the fear of any business having just $500,000 in payroll being forced to have insurance. Eventually there will be some form of compromise as well as exclusions since that would be a tremendous burden on small companies to pay for the insurance promises of your government, who for some reason felt pressured to come up with something just for the Christmas vacation. While it makes certain people feel great to say that a healthy life is a right not a priveldege is rediculous. Living a healthy life is a priveledge and health topics unfortunately are based on a supply of doctors and their resources, all which cost money. All these quick changes will cost about $1 Ttrillion in the next ten years (really estimated at $871 Billion, but I rounded up since it never is correct and always readjusted). It is amazing how many people are afraid to tell the average citizen it is their responsibility to eat well, excercise, stop smoking and drinking as well as all the other things that go into living a healthy life. If we chipped away at the basics we could then focus our attention on the more serious challenges others have that were not self imposed.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It is amazing how many people are afraid to tell the average citizen it is their responsibility to eat well, excercise, stop smoking and drinking as well as all the other things that go into living a healthy life. If we chipped away at the basics we could then focus our attention on the more serious challenges others have that were not self imposed.

What makes anyone think they need to tell someone else how to live a healthy life? If people don't understand this on their own......well, maybe we would be better off to let them be unhealthy and cleanse the gene pool.......if you follow me.

Nothing I hate more than an old, fat, out of shape person lecturing me about my smoking......as they struggle to walk and take another handful of pills!!!

I say to hell with the unhealthy people, they will take care of it themselves.

What I am sick of though....is people being afraid to speak the truth because they have someone like that in their family.....

Why do we spend billions of tax dollars keeping old people living in old folks homes?

Why do we spend billions of tax dollars replacing knees and hips in old people...who can afford it themselves?

Why is it that the senior citizens make up the largest group of drug addicts in the world, all tax payer paid?

Why do we spend billions keeping mentally ill children in public schools?

Why do we spend billions of dollars on teachers to work part time and offer school board members $1 health insurance?

Why do we provide section 8 housing?

This world is full of "whys".....

I think people should clean out their own closets before they lecture me on how to live healthy and cleaning my closet.

Cheers.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
i think it because maybe we are trying to have a society here

you know...take care of those that can't take care of themselves

now people that won't take care of themselves is a different issue

there is an old saying

there but for the grace of God go I

the longer you live the more you will realize this

great post on Christmas morning by the way

·
Motorboatin' son of a ...
1,104 Posts
I completely agree with you about the fear of any business having just $500,000 in payroll being forced to have insurance. Eventually there will be some form of compromise as well as exclusions since that would be a tremendous burden on small companies to pay for the insurance promises of your government, who for some reason felt pressured to come up with something just for the Christmas vacation. While it makes certain people feel great to say that a healthy life is a right not a priveldege is rediculous. Living a healthy life is a priveledge and health topics unfortunately are based on a supply of doctors and their resources, all which cost money. All these quick changes will cost about $1 Ttrillion in the next ten years (really estimated at $871 Billion, but I rounded up since it never is correct and always readjusted). It is amazing how many people are afraid to tell the average citizen it is their responsibility to eat well, excercise, stop smoking and drinking as well as all the other things that go into living a healthy life. If we chipped away at the basics we could then focus our attention on the more serious challenges others have that were not self imposed.

Compromise? When has there ever been any compromise with this government health care takeover? Actually never. These people do whatever they want and only listen to lobbyists with the most money. You think the American taxpayer fits anywhere in that equation? NOPE! You think small business fits anywhere in that equation? NOPE! This bill was not wanted by the American people as shown in countless polls, but they people rammed down anyways. They don't listen to the voters. They turn their phones and fax machines off. They let the mainstream media report their selected sound bites and that's it. Critical reporting is non-existent any longer. This health care bill has been a fight among one party the entire time. They couldn't even get their own party to support it without bribes. And now your talking about some sort of compromise by these people. Sorry, not going to happen.

This administration is about one thing and one thing only. That is redistribution of money. They're going to take as much money as they can from the American taxpayer and give it to whomever lobbies Congress the most. If anyone thought Obama was going to get in there and clean up corruption, they've been completely had and probably still to dumb to figure it out. All we've received from Obama is massive debt, and money handed over to insurance companies, wall street, pharmaceutical companies, and the auto industry. Meanwhile the economy still fails, unemployment is still very high, housing/building industry is in the toilet, most small businesses can't get loans, and the list continues. Just wait till Congress' next big project...Amnesty for illegals. http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h4321/text They'll be ramming that one down too. Compromise? There is no compromise. You either fall in line or you're a racist, obstructionist, xenophobe, right wing nut job.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
I moved the first one and I'm ready to move this one also. One more post about personal views on politics, this thread will be moved to the appropriate section.

If you want to discuss the health care bill and what it means to you as a business, what can be done for your business, and what to prepare for.....that is good for here.

Talking about right wing, left wing, chicken wing.....goes into the basement.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,919 Posts
Right wing, left wing, chicken wing :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

That's some funny stuff there Framerman.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just want to know who is right? The NAHB ( 5 or more employees) or the AGC (500k and up in payroll)

·
Sean
5,536 Posts
5 employees is what all the reports say from NAHB, AGC & a host of other construction lobbyist groups - NARI has been amazingly quiet on the subject - at least I haven't seen anything from them

I did see one post where someone said they must also have more than 250K in sales (if you have 5 employees - you had better have that in sales & then some) & receives federal money - grant money, weatherization, etc... (tax rebate programs?)

I have yet to see that reported on or the 500k mark

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I moved the first one and I'm ready to move this one also. One more post about personal views on politics, this thread will be moved to the appropriate section.

If you want to discuss the health care bill and what it means to you as a business, what can be done for your business, and what to prepare for.....that is good for here.

Talking about right wing, left wing, chicken wing.....goes into the basement.

With all due respect framerman,:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

This is an issue that affects all of us in the construction industry. I hope that you will leave this thread here so that you don't have to have a basement pass to see it.

What ever ones political views are, if you want your voice heard. contact your representatives and let them know how you feel.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
With all due respect framerman,:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

This is an issue that affects all of us in the construction industry. I hope that you will leave this thread here so that you don't have to have a basement pass to see it.

What ever ones political views are, if you want your voice heard. contact your representatives and let them know how you feel.
I agree, it affects everyone. I want to leave it, as I did the first one. I am only stating to keep it to the discussion at hand, not personal political views.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts