Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A customer for whom I was doing other work just had a master closet done by a big closet company out here in California. Very nice, clean installation of about $500 of DIY-level shelves and drawers, for which the homeowner paid $4500. I remember those guys being serious competitors in the custom closet market, doing nice custom work, not just screwing paper-covered particleboard to the wall. Am I mis-remembering?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
One of my customers recently had one done. Everything was laminated 5/4's with real wood drawer fronts. But I don't know the cost. They might have given her the cheapest materials without her knowledge or that's the option she chose.

I've never seen one installed with DIY materials as you describe for that amount of $$.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
The closet companies are out there, some have merged operations. The one supplier I use now manufactures in MI. just adds 1 day for shipping. As I get older its very good money for nice clean work in a large air conditioned closet.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
i use easy closet, the same co that is hawking there stuff on this page, no complaints, sevice good, easy design tool on line, good pricing,

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
i use easy closet, the same co that is hawking there stuff on this page, no complaints, sevice good, easy design tool on line, good pricing,
Thats who I use also, I usually let them deign it or bring customers to their showroom here.

I used to get deliveries the next day after ordering. UPS guy hates me. 50 boxes 900 lbs :blink:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
CA closets is big around here. Looks nice.
I do several a year. Usually costs more than $500 for materials unless someone wants it to be strictly utilitarian.
$500 doesn't go real far for closet organization. IKEA PAX costs like that much for two of them with some options. Closetmaid or some HD stuff might get you a closet's worth of stuff for $500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts