Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bob
512 Posts
Your shooting wet, right? Easy, smaller, out in front of you type jobs I use a tyvek suit, dustmask and safety goggles. Bigger work where there is wet grit blowback I go with rain gear, rubber boots and full face mask respirator. If I'm under work like a big boat and the crap is raining down on me I go with my Nova air supplied hood with large cape over the rain gear and I keep a hose handy to rinse off the hood lense as I go as needed to see.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Whatever PPE that is required on the job. Could be FRC's or some type of cover-all's. Years ago for general blasting, I'd wear Levi's, tee shirt along with a long sleeve flannel shirt of some kind and I'd tie another tee shirt around my head like a ninja mask. Then I'd wear some type of thin leather long cuff gloves. And of course I'd be wearing my air supplied blast hood. Either would be a Bullard or a Clemco. That was before the Nova hoods. And cannot forget the Red Wing Steel Toe Boots.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If wet (or dry) blasting, look into Frogtog rain gear. It is real light like Tyvek but has a water repellent layer on the inside. I have been using it to dry blast because the sleeve ends are banded and it zips and buttons up to the collar. So far they only come in black so if you are in direct sunlight it does get hot. I cut the hood off so my Clemco 60 hood fits on better. They are also inexpensive.

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
I just go with jeans and a long sleeve tee or sweat shirt with nova. I used to go with the steel toe boots too but then I was told horror stories from a customer who was a nurse that a heavy object can crimp that steel down in to your toes and be far worse than just breaking them. I also tried the tyvek but it's too hot to wear over jeans and if you only wear them and it rips you might be putting on a show in the back that no one is applauding.

When I blast in my bay I wear rubber boots from Walmart that go up to the knee. They can take a direct blast when I am holding light weight things with my feet while I sit and blast them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts