Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last few seasons, I've had to spray 7 times plus per year on our Black-Eyed Susan groups . Which is a lot when you consider the undersides need to be gotten, even if tipped with a long handled stick to make it easier. This, going by local Nursery recommendations, actually a pair of them which ended up being pretty far off. Next suggestion being to remove all upper topsoil and replace it with a sterilized batch. Ha!

This year, noticing fungus late, and it does come on quick - spreading within a couple days with some of the rain of late Spring -- I tried Copper Fungicide and it acted to rid practically all of gone in a single pass. Even dealt with burn through!

What is everybody using for plants especially given spots of weather we've been having?

Liquid Bottle cap Bottle Automotive tire Fluid
Flower Plant Botany Leaf Petal

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Forget the nasty chemicals. Go to grocery or nursery, ( cheaper) & get stone ground cornmeal. Not the enriched regular. Has to be stone ground. Take cheesecloth, pantyhose foot cut out whatever.put a good amount in there & soak overnight in 5~ gallons of water. Pour in sprayer & spray plants well. Repeat in a week or sooner if rained on. Couple treatments & you’ll see it turning around. Maybe spread a little dry around base of plants as well. You will get it knocked out. Off topic fwiw, 1 can sprinkle a bit in shoes for athletes feet. A paste consistency in socks changed daily will knock it right out. It will work

Mike

·
Registered
Remodel
35,588 Posts
I've used Bordeaux mixture, aerobic active tea (a compost tea), and powdered sulfur. That's the rough order of effectiveness.

Get too much copper build up in the soil from the Bordeaux mixture, and it will kill earthworms, which you don't want.

Start wiith the gentler ones, and move up until you get things under control. Bordeaux mixture us the sledgehammer you hope you don't have to use .

Certain plants and poorly drying areas will be most susceptible, and it's easier to treat those before there is a problem than try to get it to clear up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vinegar is a proven method for destroying mold and eliminating pesky white spots from your plants. Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a quart of water, and spray onto your infected leaves and stems. Repeat every few days until all traces of mold are gone.

·
Registered
FL CBC / SC RBC / SC RBI
554 Posts
I tried Copper Fungicide and it acted to rid practically all of gone in a single pass. Even dealt with burn through!
My wife was having the same issue and I bought her Copper Fungicide and it worked very well to alleviate the problem.

Reactions: artinall
1 - 6 of 6 Posts