Votes: 1 14.3%
  • This logo is tasteful and attractive

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sawdust Sweeper
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been in business for myself since January. My brother in law has a business/marketing degree and he sent me this logo this afternoon. What do you all think of it. I am a general carpenter, I do everything from window and door installs to remodels to finish carpentry.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
It's simple and elegant. Has kind of an old money feel to it, yet the black gives a modern/hip kind of vibe. I like it.

·
Tech Geek
2,654 Posts
I honestly think the black and white is too stark of a contrast IMO. How will that look on a shirt? How about a dark "color", I think that would look much better.

·
Banned
669 Posts
Sorry mate, it doesn't do it for me... I wanna like it but I couldn't.

I'm looking at the capital leters and my eyes keep trying to read the words, maybe try just the first letters by themselves and then the whole name at the bottom... I dunno, just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I like it. Simple. A shape off a house with your initials that big sticks in someone's mind. As your company grows and gets a reputation that logo on a back of a shirt side of a truck WHATEVER will be recognizable form 1 foot or 1 mile.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is your five ot ten year plan? Are you going to become a General Contractor or is your passion carpentry and always will? If you are going to move to another aspect of construction perhaps just CT without your name. I do like the logo. It would reverse well on a black shirt as well as striike a good memory on a light shirt as is. I say go for it.
Halfshack

·
Registered
738 Posts
dont like it personally .
just looks to plain jane to me, you can tell it wasnt professionally done.
theres an online company that designed mine and also another members (Jay) that I know of, maybe others
cant remember their name right now, maybe Jay does
great company, pleasuer to deal with, they'll revise the logo as many times as you want until you like something. they also give you 5 different choices first and you narrow it down.
I know that wasnt much help, maybe Jay will come by and give you the companies name.
heres mine that they did

·
Tiling & Bath Contractor
270 Posts
I like the logo. However, I find it a little hard to read at first glance. I think somebody viewing it in a glance would find it hard to remember.

IMHO a good logo is something that is easy to read and eye catching. You want somebody to drive by and see your logo and remember it. Especially the name. I think your brother in law has an artistic eye, however you need to make your name and logo easy to remember for folks.

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
The off-centered thing makes it a bit hard to look at. The eye likes symmetry but the big blank spot on the left makes it too uneven. To make it more eye-catching, try centering it more.

·
Sawdust Sweeper
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The big red "C" reminds me of the Cubbies... not necessarily what I am going for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts