Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Old Master
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st class postage is 44 cents. That allows you to mail 1 oz.

Any mailing that leaves your office should weigh out to 1 oz including the envelope and stamp. Anything less and your missing out on a great marketing opportunity. What can you add? Start with a couple of business cards, me I have been putting a changeable block on all invoices.
We make sure that the customer gets invited to our web site.

From time to time we will include a special on the next service call.

And anything else I can think of.

The current changeable block is for halloween.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Good idea!.. more suggestions for insertables are==> food coupons, restaurant specials, movie ticket discount/pass, FREE something??, etc.. (so they remember your good deeds/offers?)

·
Proprietor
1,847 Posts
what do you put in an envelope?
reciepts for CPA and a sticky note that says: "Sorry, but your check is on the counter."

How's everyone's 3rd quarter go?

·
The Old Master
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great touch! Just curious, I noticed no more credit cards. Anything to share about that?
I used to take cards, but I do bill out of the office. Why? Just because that is the way I have done it for 40 years. Now when I took a card I did not have the card just the number. This created a key in fee, couple that to the merchant rate, club fee, minimum and all the other items threy could find to bill you for. The one that broke the camels back was a total charge on a pretty sizeble invoice. Total merchant fees were in excess of 20%. In calling they said it was because a corporate card was used for a personal item (the corporation and the customer were one and the same). I promptly cancelled all merchant services and have not taken a card since. I did sign up with pay/pal if I need it. That way I can send an electronic invoice to a customer through pay/pay, they can pay with any card and my account gets credited ... Work? Did not use it yet!
PS I sent this out earlier but I can't find it ... Must be lost in Cyber Space
or I pushed the wrong button. If it is a duplicate sorry!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts