Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice, do you guys think .70 cents a sf for repainting walls only 1 coat to high? the location is charlotte, nc

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I don't know. Do you have to move alot of stuff out of the way to get to it? I hate that, Is there a lot of windows and doors to work around? How tall are the walls? Do you have to worry about spills? Inside or out?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,586 Posts
I think it is outrageous that you would charge $.70/sq ft. You should be working for less than half of that.

How should we know. Hom much is your insurance, your vehicle payments, your rent payments, your WC payment? Are you using low quality spec paints or high quality name brand paints. Is this one coat, 2 coats, starting from bare walls? Is there a bird in the house? Do you live in a price depressed area or are you living in Manhattan NY? Is this a home, or commercial. Are the walls 8' or 25' tall.....??......:rolleyes:

Think man, THINK. Without knowing all of these thing how can we know how much YOU should charge.

·
Store Owner
83 Posts
I have no idea what prices are now....I think if you are making a profit, then you're doing well. I do know that in new const. in Michigan its way to cheap. I know guys who charge $1.40 for a floor foot, and thats cheap....but the builders are PAYING no more than $.70-.80 a floor foot!!! How can you work for that? I mean honestly, how does a person make any money? I have a theory.....NOT paying taxes, NOT having insurance, buying the cheapest materials possible, and thinning it into whitewash.

I dont sell New Const. jobs anymore, hell, I dont even bid for materials, and I barely bid commercial stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts