Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Custom Stone
31 Posts
Natural stone for certain. Much more expressive a medium then block or brick. I have seen some mind blowing brick work though.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I love it all.......stone because you can be the most creative, brick because it's so damn versatile (and you feel OK at the end of the day), and block because......well, probably because the day flies by, and I'm a Legomaniac since childhood.....but I also loved my early years tending as well........that was commercial work though, and in that world, for an ADHD kid like me, the constant activity was far more appealing than the monotony of running the line......

If I could have received Maxie Quarterman money, I would have likely stayed a tender...........:thumbup:

·
Smarter than the brick...
298 Posts
I enjoy laying stone the most except the cutting of it is starting to make my wrists hurt. Just get a better feeling of accomplishment with stone over the redundancy of brick. I can however make a lot more money laying brick. Haven't laid much block in my years other than using it for filler material.

·
Registered
677 Posts
dom-mas said:
I like changing it up all the time. When i work with stone after a week I wish i was laying block, after a week of block i wish i was doing some restoration, then i wish i was laying brick. I get bored easily
Same here,

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
I like a day that's sunny, breezy no humidity and 80. I don't mind any of the choices at that point.
You can send any of those you find my way.

As for the most money...i make the least money laying brick cause I ain't no bricklayer unless it's restoration. I make the most money laying manufactured (full bed not thin veneer) stone. If I could lay Arriscraft all day everyday I'd be doing very well

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Definitely brick for me. Reason being,they are the lightest,at this stage of the game,I appreciate their lightness.

I'm in 10 th. heaven when I get to do a job with them that include special shapes and a bond other than running. Hope to get one soon,its been three years since that last opportunity.:mad:

·
Registered
908 Posts
For me, brick, then block, followed by natural thin veneer, and full stone veneer last. I just don't have the patience for stone, I can generally only make it until lunchtime without pulling my hair out. I'm relative young though yet, so maybe the passion for stone will still develop........

1 - 20 of 31 Posts