Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
Water closet has to many meanings to be useful here. I call it the commode closet.

·
Registered
Custom
12,564 Posts
the little room within the master bath that contains only the water closet (and perhaps a wall cabinet)?
Sanctuary... :jester:

Only place you can say... "Sorry, can't hear you... wait til I get out" and get away with it... :laughing:

·
Vendor
77 Posts
the little room within the master bath that contains only the water closet (and perhaps a wall cabinet)?
I was really hoping you were gonna set us up with a good Popsicle joke here...kinda like, what side of the house do you put porch on?

*wait for it*

The outside.

Hey, I'm an old man...I can make old man jokes. My kids loved that one.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
An architect just told me she calls it the "water closet closet" and will label it on a drawing as below:

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
In most of Europe, the term WC is used the same as how we use the term Washroom. There are signs that read WC at the airport and in restaurants; and when you visit a friend's home you ask "Où est le WC" or "Wo ist Die WC"? (The W is pronounced like a V.)

In the region where I live in Canada, the term "ensuite" means a private bathroom off of a bedroom. The term "toilet enclosure" or commode enclosure" is used for a toilet fixture that is in a separate and private section from the rest of the bathroom.

I have heard the term Throne Room before, but this is the first time I have heard the term Poop Coupe. :laughing: I find it funny and think I might start using it. I know someone who refers to the bathroom as the "Wipe House".

21 - 27 of 27 Posts