Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WICKED WOODCHUCKER
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 main vehicles that I drive for work. A 2008 ford f150 and a 1989 dodge cargo van. The van is due for a new paint job. Now my question is what color? I really dont want to go with a tradition white. Current color is black. Do I stick with that or time for a change? I was looking at color samples and I like a few colors. Theres a blue a burnt orange and a copper color that I like. Any imput would be great! Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I know I've always been a fan of that old school copper color, thats probly what I would do. Although black is a super sharp color when its clean. The only thing, changing the color would be more expensive. Because they gotta paint more stuff like the door jambs stuff like that.

Dave

·
WICKED WOODCHUCKER
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price is not an issue. Painting it in the shop. I lucked out, one of my long time carpenters has a degree and about 10 years exp, in body work/ auto paint. Been with me for 3 years now and does alot of work on all my vehicles.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Sweet, then I'd deffinetly go with the copper or even the burnt orange. The would deffinetly make your van an eye catcher.

Dave

·
WICKED WOODCHUCKER
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I want, an eye catcher. I know this van is old, But I love it! It only has 99k original miles and runs perfect. I've owned it for 4 years now and I must say, other than not having A/C it is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. Since it is an older van I thought it would be cool to have a custom color that will make it stand out. Im really leaning toward the burnt orange. Of course after the paint job I'm gonna have to put on a new set of rims!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I did the same thing to my 94 f150. New paint job and a bunch of other work. Its a real conversation starter, you don't see to many nice older vehicles around here, they are all rusted out. With that orange color and some new chrome rims that van will be a real conversation starter!

Dave

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Did you consider to do a body wrap? you can do a nice mural on it and lettered, flames and multicolors!

i regret not doing mine but when i wanted to letter my truck the wraps were to expensive, now they are half price, about 4.50 a sq ft! those guys are hurting too !!

·
WICKED WOODCHUCKER
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm starting to get excited about it. I was debating on buying a new one, but with the high payment on my pickup I dont want another one. And this van is reliable, has no rust, very low milage and I love it! So really what would be the point. I have had this van for over 4years now, I paid 1800 for it. I have only put about 600 into it. And that was new tires, shocks and general maintence.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I have 2 main vehicles that I drive for work. A 2008 ford f150 and a 1989 dodge cargo van. The van is due for a new paint job. Now my question is what color? I really dont want to go with a tradition white. Current color is black. Do I stick with that or time for a change? I was looking at color samples and I like a few colors. Theres a blue a burnt orange and a copper color that I like. Any imput would be great! Thanks:thumbsup:
Two tone would update the van. I would keep the roof white because it will keep the interior cooler.
Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts