Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping some of you guys would post pics of some bends you're proud of and/or your set up.

I like doing metal work, but I know there's folks out there who do some amazing stuff with a brake.

I posted here 'cause I didn't want to limit to W,S,&Ds or Roofing...

·
Banned
337 Posts
Here's a custom window wrap.

Here's the setup.

And some work.

This last house is in Gibon Nebraska and was owned by a Pacesetter rep. We did a complete custon wrap on all windows and doors to look original, including caps and arch. All 16ft Alside Fullback.

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one time i bent chain link fence poles with my bare hands. i am very proud of that bend.
I have had a couple benders, some say I should be proud, some say....not so much:shutup:

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a custom window wrap.

Here's the setup.

And some work.

This last house is in Gibon Nebraska and was owned by a Pacesetter rep. We did a complete custon wrap on all windows and doors to look original, including caps and arch. All 16ft Alside Fullback.
Thats what I'm talking about...:thumbsup:

·
Banned
538 Posts
I have had a couple benders, some say I should be proud, some say....not so much:shutup:
i bent about 10 pieces, so they would fit in the trailer. i was proud, my boss was less then please. he forgot to tell me he wanted to save them because he was going to use them at his house :laughing:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Nice work Patrick...My brother does everything for me that I want looking real good. He's oh so slow, but does real nice work. I have learned to bid accordingly:laughing:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Hate to be picky Patrick, but..... The top should lap over the side on your sill.
looks like crap when you do it that way cause you can see the rough edge when you look at the window. if you tab the bottom first and then the top over the bottom before the side, water still isn't going to get in.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Also very nice Outlaw:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Thats the first time we have done sills. It has always been a picture frame. Customer wanted a sill, so we had to figure out how to make em. Im pretty happy with it though

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's right, bottoms up, top down, side around.

I can bend H channel.

looks like crap when you do it that way cause you can see the rough edge when you look at the window. if you tab the bottom first and then the top over the bottom before the side, water still isn't going to get in.

·
Registered
255 Posts
few more... man, now i really miss my braek and the money i made with it.

The clay and wicker siding job we did the siding and wrap, not the roof or the chimney flashing... just so you know i'm not responsible for that ugly flashing job... the guy didnt even paint the shinny tins,,, what a mess.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 53 Posts