Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other thread on this topic got shut down – so please fells, stay on topic.

I’m looking for a heads-up on problems encountered by those that are still open for biz and operating. I’ve run into a couple issues that I didn’t expect. I’ll post them, in case you haven’t been bitten yet…

• I ordered some tile three weeks ago. When I ordered, I was told it was a week out. I’ve also ordered some deco tile only to learn that they are out of stock and there is no estimate on when they might make more. I’m guessing they’ve cut back.

• I ordered carpet today. The wholesaler indicated that normal delivery was 4 weeks. He called the manufacturer and they indicated it might be up to 8 weeks. They are having difficulty with shipping and distribution.

• I ordered light fixtures for our project last Friday. We normally get light fixtures 6 – 8 weeks from order. I was told 12 – 16 weeks on Monday.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
So far, we've had no interruptions on business.

The only difference I've had to deal with is discussing the "virus" with every single person, ever. I don't need to discuss it. I've heard enough. And I mean every single person. Already had text messages from a customer, today (6:18 am), just checking to see what are plans are for continuing as planned for their project.

I will add, there seems to be more of a waiting time at the lumberyard and limited hours at the big box stores. Big box stores have limited their hours, so I can't get in at 5:00 am. I have to wait until 8:00 am.
There is also an influx of people doing DIY home improvement projects, while they are off.
Had to stand 6' back in line, to hear about some homeowner project, trying to understand how materials work. Yea, 28" on center isn't a thing.

Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Some yards are closed here, all have limited hours and just about all will not let you in the building. Call in and they will leave it in a pile in their yard.
If its out of stock no idea when it will be back
Forget special ordering anything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts