Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I remember them contacting me, but I never signed up with these clowns.

Now they are using my Company Name, and My Address with their phone number....:no:

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I have emailed them, and called there number listed under my name.

Explained the situation, and that I will persue if not removed immediately!

If these links don't die in a couple days,...

They will not like me,...:no: :w00t:

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Yikes... It looks like they are just a lead generating service right?

What a P.I.T.A . . . If they dont remove you from the website, I am sure you could pursue legal action.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yikes... It looks like they are just a lead generating service right?
I am not really sure what they are? Theives for sure!

I am not involved with any lead companys, and never have been. I do all my own hard work, promoting myself.

Just happened to google my company name, found that on page one.

It would be different if they listed me, and my phone number. BUT NO,..:no:

Using my name to redirect people where they want them to go, NOT LEGAL, I gaurantee it!

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Yeah I would have to say that using your business name with your physical address and their own phone number to further promote themselves has to be illegal.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
http://www.signaturecontractors.com/press.cfm

If this isn't the biggest line of BS I have ever heard,...I have no affiliation with them what so ever.

On top of being theives, Guess they are liars too.

"SignatureForum hosts a network of pre-screened service providers that can work with you to achieve the life you deserve."

"Not only must they successfully complete our SignatureForum application process, but we frequently perform quality assurance evaluations to ensure that the guests we refer continue to be satisfied with the services they purchase through from our network members."

Funny I never filled out any application.

I remember them calling, and I told the lady I was too busy to talk, and to call back. She didn't call back. But must have taken upon herself to STEAL my info. to promote THEM.

·
Registered
254 Posts
For you, aren't they saying you're one of the fine contractors associated with them? I don't see how you are harmed...

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For you, aren't they saying you're one of the fine contractors associated with them? I don't see how you are harmed...

Anybody that finds me there, calls them.

Simple, would you like it if I listed your company name, and my phone number? So any prospects that find you there, are getting in touch with me.
I doubt you would.

I don't need a middle man, to conduct business, Thank you!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah, I see your point now. Funniest thing though is what this says about that lead company, they have so few contractors that they have to steal and fake it like that. This company must have zero business, like all lead companies, they fake it from the get go.

Cheers.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yeah, I see your point now. Funniest thing though is what this says about that lead company, they have so few contractors that they have to steal and fake it like that. This company must have zero business, like all lead companies, they fake it from the get go.

Cheers.
I really never meant to make such an issue out of this, but it is truley a P.I.T.A., as stated above.

It irritates me fiercly,..LOL

I never applied, or agreed to be listed with them, period. If I had it wouldn't be such a big deal.
But with them stealing my info. and possible calls (doubtful, but the possibility exists).
The fact that I am not signed with them makes me think that they are going to sell the prospect to one of "their" contractors, which I am not.

And after this, never will be! :no:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I really never meant to make such an issue out of this, but it is truley a P.I.T.A., as stated above.

It irritates me fiercly,..LOL

I never applied, or agreed to be listed with them, period. If I had it wouldn't be such a big deal.
But with them stealing my info. and possible calls (doubtful, but the possibility exists).
The fact that I am not signed with them makes me think that they are going to sell the prospect to one of "their" contractors, which I am not.

And after this, never will be! :no:
Have you tried contacting them, asking for your company to give you an estimate and see just how they handle it? Could be very interesting.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you tried contacting them, asking for your company to give you an estimate and see just how they handle it? Could be very interesting.

Funny you should say that, my wife suggested the same thing,...:shifty:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
1. When somebody steals your idea/invention/product concept, it falls under "Patent Infringement" law;

2. When somebody steals your business Names/Trademarks (i.e, like McDonald name or its business name or logos, or even its colors scheme/patterns of red+yellow in some cases, etc. for example) to do their business or profits from your marks or any similarity of your registered marks (with Federal courts/USPTO) or your registered business name (with local courts/office), it falls under "Trademark Infringement" law;

3. When somebody steals your mental works (i.e., music pieces, songs, books, written software/programs, etc.), it falls under "Copy Right Infringment" law.

In this case, your is a "Trademark" case, and so you would need to contact a Patent&Trademark attorney specialized in Trademark litigation and as for 1-hour FREE consultation and go from there.

You/he will need send out first a "Cease & Desist" letter first, followed up by filing complaints in district or circuit court if they would not complied with, etc..

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

·
remodeler
40 Posts
What is scary is if clients call that number and get the runaround and get ticked off at your company. I don't really see anything that can ba good for you that can come of this. I would take action right away. They stole your information, don't give them time to discredit your name.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts