Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Knight of Ni!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping around and wondered if one is more comfortable than the other in warm weather?

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
I use Miller fall arrest systems. THey are more comfortable than the cheaper systems like "Compliance in a Can"

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Younger guys work well in all weather. LOL I don't bounce as well as I used to.

·
Knight of Ni!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried Trojan but it keeps falling off. Pretty sure my bounce rate is lowering every year too Doc. OK, so Miller gets a nod... anyone else want to chirp in here, it would be appreciated?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I use the fall protection system manufactured by Pray Inc.

It's the simplest system I have ever found... All you do is get up on the roof and PRAY that you don't fall. :) I'm suprised Glass didn't beat me to it!

Seriously though the answer depends on the type of roof. For steep shingle roofs I use a product called "Bucket O' Saftey". No this one isn't a joke! It is a bucket that comes with everything you need, bracket, rope, shockabsorber, and harness. I've never found a single one of these to be comfortable. Infact in most cases I found them to be clumsy and have even tripped a few times because of them. Me? I prefer a chicken ladder, scaffolding and roof jacks.

LOL every time we talk about fall harnesses I get the picture in my mind of this guy roofing a 14/12 section of a roof holding onto a rope with one hand and nailing the shingles with the other. I wish I had my camera with me that day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts