Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Finisher
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into picking up some new equipment in the next week. I was wondering what brand, and model you guys would recommend.

It's real hard to find any reviews on the web, so I'm asking the pro's here at contractortalk.

Thanks in advance.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
I haven't used many by comparison to the guys who specialize in s&f, but all of the Clarke's I have used were good pieces of gear. The very best I have used is about a 30 year old Hummel. Used it on 100 yr Dade County heart pine a couple of months ago. NO chatter marks whatsoever in over 700sf....with my helper running it lol. The two piece drum, sucked when it came time to change paper but I'd still take it any day. I have heard from reputable sources that the Bona machines are top-notch also.

·
The Finisher
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've decided to go with the 8" Clarke Floorcrafter, and the Clark 7R edger. Thanks for the suggestions :thumbsup:

·
The Finisher
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good choice!

As long as they don't get abused, you will have years and years of trouble free service.:clap:
My only concern is that, I've never operated a belt sander before. I hear the Floorcrafter is a much easier machine to operate, and more aggressive than a drum sander. Is that true?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts