Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on software piracy and copyright infringement?

Are you the kind of person that downloads all of your programs (Warez trading)? Do you buy one copy of a program and install it on all your computers? Do you buy one copy of the program you need for each computer that youneed it on?

I'm just curious. There are so many casual copiers today that some people have no idea they are committing a crime when installing a program.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
I understand the copyright laws... that’s my problem LOL! I wish I could live in blissful ignorance!

I buy a copy of everything and all the digital music I have on my computer (which is a lot) I own. I hate the fact that the music industry is starting to prevent users from ripping copies of their music. :evil:

That’s the first thing I do when I get a CD!

·
Registered
178 Posts
We have a company policy that all software used on any computer must be legitimate and we have licenses for everything that is on our machines. We are a fully licensed, bonded and insured contractor, and it would be hypocisy to say that we're honest in some things but not others. The message I send to my employees is that we do the right thing, for our customers, and for each other. Using "borrowed" software would make it clear that I don't practice what I preach. So we don't.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are so many open source options for free out there that software piracy is pointless these days. If you are too cheap (or can't afford) to pay for something then use Google to search for an open source alternate. Chances are that there is one out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts