Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ME. Italian 99%, with a touch of German. G:thumbsup:

Note, lets keep it nice, a thread like this could easily spiral down the ****ter and get locked. G

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,624 Posts
1/2 Polish and 1/4 German and Irish. Gotta little war going on inside me. :laughing: Mom is a thoroughbred Pollock.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
ME. Italian 99%, with a touch of German. G:thumbsup:

Note, lets keep it nice, a thread like this could easily spiral down the ****ter and get locked. G

Somewhere the same mix here.I think?

My father sent in to some organization that informed us we were not 100% Italian as we believed.

At the bottom of the family tree,someone moved to Italy from Germany,added a vowel to the end of his name in the guise of becoming Italian.

When some of the family moved to the US they settled in the German area of Chicago and promptly dropped the vowel to,again,fit in.
My direct ancestors,however moved into an Italian area and hence kept the vowel.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,624 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Somewhere the same mix here.I think?

My father sent in to some organization that informed us we were not 100% Italian as we believed.

At the bottom of the family tree,someone moved to Italy from Germany,added a vowel to the end of his name in the guise of becoming Italian.

When some of the family moved to the US they settled in the German area of Chicago and promptly dropped the vowel to,again,fit in.
My direct ancestors,however moved into an Italian area and hence kept the vowel.

Thats intersting, i am thinking about using that Online service that does your family tree, i would love to know the specifics of my family history. G

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I am Gus #4. My son is #5

About 20 years ago a relative did all the research on the family tree. I guess Gus #1's daddy came on the boat from Germany . At Ellis Island the last name went from Doring to Dering.

The tree was all done from Gus #1 on down and there was about 275 relatives from him then. And there is still the name sake snaking through all that.

My mom's side is vague but more mongrel.

There aren't too many people that know for sure what ALL the history is.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Thats intersting, i am thinking about using that Online service that does your family tree, i would love to know the specifics of my family history. G

My father had this done about 20 years ago for about $80.They sent him some kind of wood plaque with the family crest.Whatever that means!

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,816 Posts
There are companies who will trace your ancestral DNA...

http://www.dnaancestryproject.com/

It's human nature to want to belong...to fit in somewhere... to have a past we can be proud of. But we're all muts at the end of the day.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts