Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two holes at the top of the vinyl door and two more at the bottom of the door and they are exterior facing. They are on the slider itself, not weeping holes under the frame. Each hole is about 1/2" diameter.
20210113_144523.jpg
20210113_144523.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
They should be four to adjust the trolleys on the bottom of the door, I have never seen them accessible from the outside because that would allow weather in!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Wrong swing delivered maybe?? The old ones used to pop out easy for reversal. Might be missing plugs for holes, but like Sno I would think holes to inside now that he mentioned it. Don’t use these way over priced doors.

Mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wrong swing delivered maybe?? The old ones used to pop out easy for reversal. Might be missing plugs for holes, but like Sno I would think holes to inside now that he mentioned it. Don’t use these way over priced doors.

Mike
What doors are you using that are cheaper than a slider for 5ft and bigger openings? We install a ton of sliders, almost every deck in my area has a 6ft slider going to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They should be four to adjust the trolleys on the bottom of the door, I have never seen them accessible from the outside because that would allow weather in!
Thanks. I was guessing it probably wasn't a good thing. Wondering if I could find plastic plugs for them.

·
Registered
459 Posts
What brand of door is it? I agree with the holes used for adjustment idea, but as stated they are normally on the inside. I'd contact the manufacturer for the plugs.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,524 Posts
I installed a slider like that a year or two ago, but I'll be doggoned if I can remember what those holes were for. Height adjustments are normally accessed in the edge of the door.

Regardless, plugs should have come with it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I installed an Andersen sliding door with my dad in 1979. I just put new rollers on for my mom last week and the adjustment holes were to the outside with screw out plugs.

nicko.

·
Registered
11,836 Posts
Yep. Those are adjustments.

On older aluminum the moving panel is on the outside many times. Adjustment as well.

Always wondered about that, as you can usually lift the panelnup and get in. Especially if the upper stops are missing, which they usually are.

Any window supplier will have those plugs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Weep hole completely ruled out? Or possibly track adjustment? What Brand/model door is it and you can pull schematic online easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,897 Posts
:rolleyes: I keep plugs for those holes in a parts box I have.
Surprised these hole got this much traction.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts