Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call today, major backfill mishap at a friends job, glad it was not my job. So heed this warning, do not backfill an old block foundation if the plates and box where just changed, and anchor bolts where not installed:eek:

http://

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
My crappy day just started
looking a lot better. :laughing:

·
Banned
846 Posts
A little putty, some paint, and the HO will never notice. I'll fix it for tree fitty.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holy Crap!!

They are not trying to blame that on the excavator/backfill guy, are they? :blink:

What a freekin' mess. :sad:
No, he now knows what the problem was, the backfill guy is in the clear:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
WTF

There is more to that than missing anchor bolts.
Ditto

The new addition was pinned to hollow block...

Was it the plan to break out the block wall? No attachment...

No!........No!..........Bad Contractor!..........Bad Contractor!

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Holy Crap!!

They are not trying to blame that on the excavator/backfill guy, are they? :blink:

What a freekin' mess. :sad:
What are you kidding? It was fine until you started backfilling. :laughing:

They backfill freshly poured foundations (with no rebar I might add) here all the time. Pour at 4 PM, strip by 8AM, back fill by noon. I wonder how long dumb ass **** luck will last.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
It looks like the original pilaster (at far end) was well beyond the footing, & therefore not helping with tip resistance. The pinning to the new foundation should have gone through block wall, & backed up with large washers, or better yet a steel plate. A poured wall would have had a better shot at holding up, simply due to the added weight of wall.
Joe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts