Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
ive heard good and bad, but since the closest place to get them is 400 miles from me, I never compete with them and have never researched them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Milgard are good windows. They are used alot out here in California for both retrofits and new construction . They have one of the best warranties in the industry (lifetime). From the people I've talked to, they are really good about their service also. But as far as windows go, I would'nt put them in the same class as a Pozzi, Marvin, or a Pella. Milgards' are vinyl and or laminated fiberglass. With the laminated fiberglass being the upper end of there line. What I mean by laminated fiberglass is that the inside is laminated with wood so you can paint or stain them and they also look better. Also with the fiberglass, it is paintable (on the outside). Not so with the vinyl. But they claim that their finish doesn't lose it's look too much overtime. Milgards are also relatively inexpensive when compared to others. I would say that they are probably one of the best vinyl windows on the market! Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts