Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Joanna
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a dry spring and summer, so our sales are lagging this year. Hardly anyone here will spring for a new roof until it leaks, so no rain kills us. (Also counted on phone book ads that did squat-biggest waste of advertising money ever spent)
Anyone else have a slow year? Is the economy hurting your sales?
We are taking temp sales jobs just to make it through the winter. Ugh! Tell me it gets better........ :evil:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
pa, hate to say it but last years hurricaines have me stacked out for years. I just significantly raised prices and nobody flinched.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
How are you on fine cabinitry?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
RC. Specialize in exotic cabinitry, wood and accessories.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Economy up here is stable as all hell.
But alot colder than hell.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Flor, I'm thinking of heading up that way next year for a bear hunt. I'd like to do some fishing too. Any suggestions on guides?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Paroofer,

The roofing contractors with a strategic plan and marketing plan have plenty of properly priced projects with long backlogs.

The roofing contractors that wait for rain to trigger phone calls are suffering in areas where there has been limited rain.

People buy roofs for many more reasons than just leaks. When I entered this business my first job was canvassing and selling roofs. Our lead source was either canvassing or telemarketing. I did not get call-in or leak leads. Virtually all my sales were to people that had no leak.

They bought a new roof because they knew they needed a new roof. I knocked on their door and showed the problems with their roofs to them, or our telemarketing “Free Roof Inspection” had me inspecting roofs and showing prospects why they needed a new roof.

The harvest is out there. The people that need new roofs exist in your market. When it rains “some” will call you. On the other hand you can just go pick all the harvest you want if you decide to not wait for the phone too ring.

Will be happy to answer any questions on how to sell roofs when there is no rain.

Best of luck,

Richard Kaller

·
Registered
19 Posts
Richard,

You say you will be happy to answer questions on how to sell roofs when there is no rain.

Will you provide this information on the forum.

Or are you here seeking recruits for your "NETWORK"?

Richard, apparently, you have a good deal of knowledge, but, in every forum I see you in you are trolling for new NETWORK members.

I smell the ever so subtle hint of that "invisible spam". Again.

Best of luck,

John

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Any suggestions on guides?
There are tons. Never used any of them, but rarely hear complaints.
Tons of bear and fish..not like it's hard being a guide.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
If I'm going that far, I'm looking for trophies. I'm 1 for 1 on local Blacks for 30 yrs.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I ran into a hunter while he was gas'n up at a station. He had a 4 wheeler and was outfitted real nice in the camo gear. He said he was hunting for moose.
I told him he could come over for dinner and just shoot one as it walked by :)
very little effort.

Actually I have seen a couple in my neighbors back yard that don't get much bigger....

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I actually DO live with her.... :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts