Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what a difference a few hours and a litte bit of love can make.

Thinking about brushing the leaves on the upper trim in a light beige. What do you think. Would that be too much or add a final touch?

Hearth Fireplace Property Floor Room

Fireplace Hearth Room Wall Molding

Molding Wall Material property Room Plaster

·
Banned
846 Posts
You're hired. I don't care what it costs, just paint my house.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
How about rubbing a glaze into the details just to highlight them?:thumbsup:

Reactions: JumboJack

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,508 Posts

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about rubbing a glaze into the details just to highlight them?:thumbsup:
That's a thought. I have never used a glaze. The trim is an oil enamel. Is there a combatable glaze that you could suggest?

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
That's a thought. I have never used a glaze. The trim is an oil enamel. Is there a combatable glaze that you could suggest?
Sorry, looks like I came back too late.:thumbsup:

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steppin out on me already!:glare:

Dusty, very nice work!
Is this the house you posted earlier that was flooded? Love to see more pics!

No. this is a different house that I'm just finishing up. The tear out on the water damaged house just started last week. It will be a while before I take a brush to that.

I do a lot of work for the same investors so I don't get a lot of opportunity to get creative.

I would like to start refinishing old furniture. But with work and an 18 month old it is hard to find the time. Old furniture is built well and with the refinishing products on the market today I could really have a lot of fun. Not to mention, I'm just not quite sure how to market refinished furniture to make it worth my while.

·
Banned
846 Posts
Refinished furniture sounds like a good opportunity for an internet based business. DHL has reasonable shipping rates for big stuff. Online store w/ checkout maybe. Or you could sell it on consignment at a second hand store. Antique shows?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts