Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a customer today, doing a recon water damage job. We removed drywall, inspected for mold, reinstalled, textured to match, etc. approx. 40 sq. ft. Went today to paint the kitchen/family room ceiling, approx. 500 sq. ft. All going just fine till we were done. The HO gets out a flashlight to inspect the work done!! I [email protected]*m near wanted to punch him! Took him a half an hour, looked at me and asked who do I make the finial payment out to?
Then he asked if we can do more work? MADE my day!! Just remember that things may be bad, and things might be better from day to day!! FGIF!! Off to work again tomorrow!

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Flashlight is fine, it's when they get out the magnifying glass when you know trouble is coming.:laughing:
When I'm finishing drywall. I get out the 500w worklight.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NCM I can and will be fine with doing good work, that is what we try to do! He just went about it in the most incorrect way to me, had to be there, sorry if I miss lead any-one here. The one thing that we do, and the company that I work for, is, "It will be as good or better than before, and, it will be cleaner or cleaner than before!" IF not you will see use again, until you are PLEASED!

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,858 Posts
Had a customer today, doing a recon water damage job. We removed drywall, inspected for mold, reinstalled, textured to match, etc. approx. 40 sq. ft. Went today to paint the kitchen/family room ceiling, approx. 500 sq. ft. All going just fine till we were done. The HO gets out a flashlight to inspect the work done!! I [email protected]*m near wanted to punch him! Took him a half an hour, looked at me and asked who do I make the finial payment out to?
Then he asked if we can do more work? MADE my day!! Just remember that things may be bad, and things might be better from day to day!! FGIF!! Off to work again tomorrow!
You're mad about it. :mad:

No wait, you're happy about it. :clap:

I don't know. I'm confused :confused1:

·
Registered
585 Posts
NCM I can and will be fine with doing good work, that is what we try to do! He just went about it in the most incorrect way to me, had to be there, sorry if I miss lead any-one here. The one thing that we do, and the company that I work for, is, "It will be as good or better than before, and, it will be cleaner or cleaner than before!" IF not you will see use again, until you are PLEASED!
I'd be shaking my head at the flashlight thing too... Overall from my perspective it looks like a good test of your quality that you passed.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,562 Posts
How do you prepare toilet paper for dinner?? White sauce?

·
Super Moderator
30,033 Posts
My drywall sub has fantasies about my demise, Im sure.

" Come on man. This is ####ing crazy!. No customer is going to check this with a million candle watt light!"

" I am your client, hoss. You got a pencil? I left mine in the pick up"

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Sounds like a good day to me. Anytime someone checks your work with a flashlight and it passes, is a good day.

I have only had one customer check my work with a flashlight. After the time change he would leave in the dark and return in the dark. Exterior aluminum trim. Looked pretty rough. Those shadows really play tricks on the eyes. He wasn't too happy until he could see it in the daylight. In the daylight everything was fine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
We painted the exterior of a pretty big house about 8 years ago. Red body white trim. 2 and 3 coats everywhere. The guys at the paint store didn't believe my customer went over the job with a camera and a telephoto lens. Until I showed them the full color 3 ring binder of pictures of touch ups. Did them all but ridiculous is not the word. We were taking off storm doors and using artists brushes to make him happy.

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
I really don't see the problem. If you do good work you will pass. The customer is just checking your work.

Heck, half the time I flashlight check myself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts