Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either the mid motor or the head motor version. Not sure I want to throw down 500 bucks on the Porter Cable/Dewalt version.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody? Not even a don't be a cheap bastid and just spend the money?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got this cheap sander. I think I bought it on amazon. It does good job on walls. It feels awkward when attempting to use it on a ceiling. I have no experience with any other type. It collects dust pretty good when hooked to my shop vac.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had one until I got the Makita cordless. It worked pretty good. I gave it to my brother he still uses it. It’s probably 3 years old now and been through hell but still works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have the wen. Haven’t used it in a couple of years. As I remember it worked fine. Think there is a learning curve to move quickly and don’t over sand. Motor is at the head I think. Used it on a few houses before starting my current job as a site supervisor and designer.
Don’t think it saved a lot of time on new construction but was good for knocking down old crappy work. The thing I didn’t like was having the vac and sander going and having the noise plus dust. More of a claustrophobic feeling with all the PPE on.
As with a lot of tools the hose that was supplied didn’t fit any of my vac adapters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Either the mid motor or the head motor version. Not sure I want to throw down 500 bucks on the Porter Cable/Dewalt version.

I have the wen. The motor is on the head and makes doing ceilings a little hard on the arm and shoulder muscles.
Having a vac that will vibrate the filters is a good idea for larger jobs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think that may be the one that I have been using for a couple of years. I don’t do tons of drywall, but it has held up good and the dust collection is surprisingly good as well. I’ll check in the morning to make sure

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had one until I got the Makita cordless. It worked pretty good. I gave it to my brother he still uses it. It’s probably 3 years old now and been through hell but still works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I purchased a makita cordless yesterday. Have yet to use it.

What do you think of it?

·
Registered
953 Posts
You still have to drag a hose around so you might as well have a cord too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased a Rumia unit for a job involving skim coating a large room with heavy spray texture. the high sloped ceiling was a killer workout, but the ring of LED lights helped to get impressively smooth results. The bag also collected a lot of dust without a vacuum. With a vacuum, it's still a dusty mess so I just used the bag. Someone was giving away a Wen sander- barely used. I haven't used it yet, but it looks about the same but without the lights & the bag. Lights FTW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts