Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on a camera at a access gate that was flipping in and out.

I think I found the problem.:whistling

Enjoy the pics.

Les
Found the Problem 1.jpg

Found the Problem 2.jpg

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Good thing they didn't bury that too deep. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good pun, but a fault locator would let you know in a snap.
Inner, if it had been where it should have been, a Fault Locator would not have found a Fault.

In that respect they, (Fault Locators) are not to be trusted when trying to find a Fault where there is None to be Found.

Or it could be said that the user of said "Fault Locator" needs to be more educated and skilled than the "Fault Locator" itself, assuming to the point that owning a Fault Locator or using a Fault Locator is not a guarantee of perfect success in finding Faults. :rolleyes: :thumbup: :laughing:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Inner, if it had been where it should have been, a Fault Locator would not have found a Fault.

In that respect they, (Fault Locators) are not to be trusted when trying to find a Fault where there is None to be Found.

Or it could be said that the user of said "Fault Locator" needs to be more educated and skilled than the "Fault Locator" itself, assuming to the point that owning a Fault Locator or using a Fault Locator is not a guarantee of perfect success in finding Faults. :rolleyes: :thumbup: :laughing:
Yeah good point, mine lead me down the garden path a few times.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,965 Posts
Or it could be said that the user of said "Fault Locator" needs to be more educated and skilled than the "Fault Locator" itself, assuming to the point that owning a Fault Locator or using a Fault Locator is not a guarantee of perfect success in finding Faults.
You were a lawyer in a previous life, weren't you?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You were a lawyer in a previous life, weren't you?
No not exactly, however did go to the Legal Library and Pathontary and I did fill out all the documents for my divorce from my starter wife in 1970, because I could not afford the lawyer fees.

She decided it would be better if she would pay for the Lawyer and file against me, since then it would be thought that I was at Fault.

BTW
Inner, would a Fault Locator work in that kind of circumstance?? :laughing:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
No not exactly, however did go to the Legal Library and Pathontary and I did fill out all the documents for my divorce from my starter wife in 1970, because I could not afford the lawyer fees.

She decided it would be better if she would pay for the Lawyer and file against me, since then it would be thought that I was at Fault.

BTW
Inner, would a Fault Locator work in that kind of circumstance?? :laughing:
LoL only if the wire was open or shorted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts