Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a cold call from someone who found my info on the internet. Which was surprising on its own, since I have a pretty small web presence. She said she was looking through my photos and noticed I have festool products, so I'm the one she called for a wainscot project.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
That's surprising since most "normal" (wrong word?...maybe) people wouldn't know what Festool was lol. It's not exactly geared (or priced) toward the weekend DIYer.

Good deal that you got the job though, no matter what the reason was. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most carpenters around here don't even know what it is, let alone home owners.

I didn't get the job yet, just the phone call. Gonna look at it in a few days. Big wainscoting project. Sounds pretty nice. She even pre qualified herself for me!

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
Oh, I see...well then good luck. Hope you get it :thumbsup:

It's always nice when they do some of the work for you (qualifying herself, in this case)

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,676 Posts
Ummm, hell ya it's more expensive. But when you look back at it, it's usually worth the extra expense.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
Not a direct comparison, but I have gotten several leads from my truck and I am not talking about the lettering on it. I have had neighbors of the project we were working on stop by while I was outside getting something out of or putting something back in my truck. They looked in and saw how neat it was and asked if our work was that neat and organized.

What you use and how you use it can lead to great prospects.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts