Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
President
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3wks, and quit the pizza delivery job....

Why?

Because I reported for my shift tonight, and was informed that my finger print would be required to clock in and out.... Where as before it was your ID number....

I have a real problem with that... :no:

So I asked why, and was informed because that's the way it is, and I explained that I am not comfortable giving out biometric data for a pizza delivery job. It wasn't a prerequisite when I was hired, and I feel a bit offended that just now out of the blue you require biometric data to work at a pizza joint.

So I was informed that I can't work there with out it. So I said then I resign from this company as an employee effectively imediately. And left. :mad:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I really don't know why a finger print is a big deal, unless you have a shady past, or plan on having a shady futue. We are going to one ourself, just to make it easier on everyone concerned. Secugen is the one we are in process of setting up.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
5,838 Posts
I really don't know why a finger print is a big deal, unless you have a shady past, or plan on having a shady futue. We are going to one ourself, just to make it easier on everyone concerned. Secugen is the one we are in process of setting up.
Why? Because who is to know where that fingerprint may end up. It's plain to see that hackers can access all sorts of info, fingerprints can be copied & used for god knows what.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Fvck guys gimme a break bio metric readers are great because stones pizza drivers would be loosing swipe cards and fobs left right and center.

·
Punching above his weight
10,870 Posts
The biometric clock was awesome because I always tried to make a game out of how perfectly I could match my original.

It spits you out a number from 1-100. 1 is perfect match. Closest I ever got was 4 or 5 I think. I know I never cracked top 3. Everyone at that job did it. We'd line up and the end of shift and would often gamble on it. hah

Hey Carr, I don't know if they're up in Buffalo, but I made a lot of money working for Edible Arrangements some years back. Same as pizza delivery basically but there's a beginning and end to the day. Good tips. You don't have to use your own vehicle either.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,880 Posts
For one ITSA FRIKN PIZZA DELIVERY JOB

It's not national security. I would have told then the same thing F off. I hear BOA wants your fingerprint to cash checks, same thing F off, I'll be taking all my money out of your bank now.

This is just a collection agency of biometric details now. The police state is slowly crushing in.

·
Registered
Custom
13,223 Posts
I really don't know why a finger print is a big deal
Because you exchange your time and effort for work, not biometric data or DNA...

or plan on having a shady futue. We are going to one ourself, just to make it easier on everyone concerned. Secugen is the one we are in process of setting up.
And people wonder why they are described as sheeple...

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
The upside the the fingerprint is you cant give it to your buddy to clock you in or out.

As far as employees losing their fobs or badges this can be easily fixed by charging $5-$10 for each replacement, you will be amazed at how well people do keeping track of them once they have a price on them.

·
Registered
Custom
13,223 Posts
The upside the the fingerprint is you cant give it to your buddy to clock you in or out.
Funny thing about totalitarian measures, is people are creative and will find ways around them...

How to Fool a Fingerprint Scanner... http://www.ehow.com/how_8184474_fool-fingerprint-scanner.html

Thinking Putty defeats Fingerprint Scanners!.... http://www.puttyworld.com/thinputdeffi.html

I remember when time-cards were the be-all end-all... The more you tell people you don't trust them, the more they give you reason not to...

Self-fulfilling...

As a small business. IMHO, if you think you NEED something like this, you have bigger problems than the few bucks they may or may not be scamming from you.... they will just find another way to get it if for no other reason than spite and rebellion against authoritarianism...

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I've always been amazed at how much businesses want out of a person for how little they pay them. I know places that do background checks for $10/hr jobs. Min wage jobs do drug testing? Funny stuff.

Reactions: KAP

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
It takes time to fill out time sheets. In my case, it'll save company time, make for less emloyee hassle, & be more accurate. The records go directly to Quickbooks payrole...instant & no paper It may not work out that way, but it's not a very big investment. The one we're trying is a little finger scanner that'll be in our shop. I could see where an Android scanner could be scarry, but really, how hard would it be to get someones fingerprint if you really wanted it? They're all over our vehicles, tools, home, & trash.

·
Registered
192 Posts
CO762 said:
I've always been amazed at how much businesses want out of a person for how little they pay them. I know places that do background checks for $10/hr jobs. Min wage jobs do drug testing? Funny stuff.
Yeah but it's illegal to do a background check or drug test on welfare bums . Perfectly ok tho to work for Richard Cranium handyman service for 9 bucks an hour

1 - 20 of 40 Posts