Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Well i tried

4K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  TNTRenovate 
#1 ·
Psyched myself up to be in the cold all day again today but the generator I am using and my compressor had other plans. I guess they feel they worked in the cold long enough yesterday.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Had a nice exterior trim job to start today, my buddy lives 10mins from the job and it took him over an hour to get there through the snow to hang drywall.

I'm an hour away without snow or traffic, I decided not to make the drive in today and work at home instead

#24 ·
Freezing my azz off at 34 this morning. This is ridiculous. I cant be expected to produce in these conditions!
How in the hell do y'all work outside in sub-zero conditions.

We were at 12 degrees Fahrenheit a few mornings ago, so I let the guys hang around the shop until the temp got to about 25. They still complained, lol.
You guys contractors or wimps:whistling? Time to man up and get the job done.

We're either manly, desperate, or stupid... haven't quite figured that out yet.
I vote for manly...:jester:

Reactions: Mississippi
#9 ·
8 here with -25 windchill. 5 foot drift along the north side of the house. The town I live in hasn't cleared the side roads in years so I hooked up the snow plow and cleared the road. Made a few bucks clearing driveways this morning as well. This weather finally gives me time to work on my website and work on my never ending honey-do list

#19 ·
How in the hell do y'all work outside in sub-zero conditions.

We were at 12 degrees Fahrenheit a few mornings ago, so I let the guys hang around the shop until the temp got to about 25. They still complained, lol.
We're either manly, desperate, or stupid... haven't quite figured that out yet.

#26 ·
I'm just the opposite. I'd rather sweat any day than shiver.

Not a fan of cold weather, at all.

We've had the coldest January on record this year. This time last week we had freezing rain and sleet which accumulated an inch or so and then a morning low of 12 freakin' degrees.

I live 45 miles North of the Gulf of Mexico. It just ain't supposed to be that cold down here.

#27 ·
Mississippi said:
I'm just the opposite. I'd rather sweat any day than shiver. Not a fan of cold weather, at all. We've had the coldest January on record this year. This time last week we had freezing rain and sleet which accumulated an inch or so and then a morning low of 12 freakin' degrees. I live 45 miles North of the Gulf of Mexico. It just ain't supposed to be that cold down here.
The difference is when you work in the cold and keep busy your body warms up. It's just motivating yourself to do something in the cold that's the hard part

#29 ·
Double up on gloves.
One quality liner that doesn't inhibit dexterity, and one good outer glove that doesn't limit dexterity. I don't use the liners pictured...but getting them (liners) from a climbing supply store has worked for me. For outers I prefer to wear a lined deerskin glove...and keep a spare pair handy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.