909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wish i was this good
Auto part Brass Metal

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we(in 4) are going to florence the end of january , they wanna see what we can do.
there are many things that have to be worked out still,

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about this one? He might have been a good welder, but he was brain dead
i wonder which holds better.

ya'll just can't see the art in that.
such a pity

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Bruno--do you know who the hands were that did it? It certainly looks like a work of art. I was speculating that a machine did it. It's only perfect :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
You do see the screaming mad get fired screw up, don't you?
I don't, but then I'm not a pipe-fitter, and I'm not much of a welder, either. I've been known to use a grinder to clean up my work.

The best welder I've ever seen was a guy who had a good side business making counterfeit Ferrari parts. If you had a fender-bender in your $1MM antique Ferrari, he'd make up new parts, complete with factory-accurate mis-drilled holes and other known mistakes. Wizard with an English wheel.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That very expensive valve is supposed to be connected into the pipe with flanges. Instead of using flanges, some genius decided to weld straight into the valves. Now to repair it, you better get you arc gouger out and make a mess.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
That very expensive valve is supposed to be connected into the pipe with flanges. Instead of using flanges, some genius decided to weld straight into the valves. Now to repair it, you better get you arc gouger out and make a mess.
IMO that is a pure lack of supervision on a couple of levels.

If a guy can weld like that he knows what's up.

Another likely scenario is we gotta get done...fuggit we'll send someone to fix it later...

Then NO ONE will recall who was there at the time...:laughing:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
That valve can't be repaired from above? It looks to me as if the valve body could be dropped in and taken out as a unit. I'm just trying to find excuses for someone having done it that way.

Is the example something you know about? Did someone get fired?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts