Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you suffered through my first Utube video you saw me getting this job started. As most home projects this took longer than a real job and grew in scope to include just about everything. New floor, new trim, new closet organizer (yet to be done), new TV mount (components in the living room) and a new set of bypass mirror doors :)eek:).

But the painter just finished the base boards and we can move back in the room tomorrow. I miss the TV.:whistling

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
What remote/control are you using for the TV?

Setup looks excellent.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What remote/control are you using for the TV?

Setup looks excellent.
Not my area. I have a guy that I have worked with on several jobs to set that up. But it is an IR system, cat 5 cable plus two HDMI cables from the set to the et center in the living room. Infrared eye on the set and an emitter on the Direst TV box and the Blue Ray player. Just use the same remote as before.

Friggin HDMI cables are 20' long and $100 a piece.:furious: The Blue Ray player was less than the cables.:laughing:

It's all voodoo magic to me.:laughing:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Friggin HDMI cables are 20' long and $100 a piece.:furious:
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Just busting your chops but there are lots of good deals out there for HDMI's.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Just busting your chops but there are lots of good deals out there for HDMI's.
I'm sure I could have done better than the Radio Shack 1/2 mile from my house. But my planning skilz needed to be better to get them online.

What can I say? I am a flawed human.:clap:

Maybe thats why Neo won't step foot in my bedroom.:laughing:

·
Carpe Diem
20,713 Posts
Excellent craftsmanship, as always! Just a tad bit too much white going on for me overall. I prefer the rich look of some stained wood to offset the white. Floors look good too :thumbup:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is some nice Gus. I'm opposite of Angus, I like the white. The TV on the other hand looks too small for the room you gave it. LED would look real nice there!
That TV ain't big enough. Does it have closed-captioning?
This is the TV in the bedroom and maybe it's just me but does size really matter? What happen to quality over quantity?:whistling

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,632 Posts
Looks nice Gus.

Got a 32" HD flat screen in my bedroom.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice as usual.

By the way, how much does your painter charge for a paint job like that one?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm sure I could have done better than the Radio Shack 1/2 mile from my house. But my planning skilz needed to be better to get them online.
Oh yeah. Radio Shack and Best Buy rape you hardcore on cables. It's like 400% markup on HDMI.:blink:

Btw, the bedroom looks absolutely fantastic. I'm envious.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,632 Posts
Build is a relative term with Gus.

He out sourced the door and drowers. The CNC machine cut the parts. One of his helpers assembled the cabinets. He sent them out for finishing. And the install looks good, so one of his guys probably did that too. But it was his money, wasn't is Gus, if was your money, right?

:laughing:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts