Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
General Construction
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This stuff never happens before you do the yard. I think I'll just keep mowing weeds forever just to be sure I never have that happen.
That’s the truth, had renters in here for 3 yrs, lawn died and wouldn’t even grow, got the house back and redid the lawn, added borders etc…went great, day after I started adding block to the crawlspace access we gotta dig everything up including all the block lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I've been remodeling my own home on more than just weekends for over a year now. Although some things were on my list it all started when my daughter passed away in 2020 I felt lost/empty needed something to do. Not sure what I'll do when I'm finished more importantly it's keeping my wife semi occupied.

One thing leads to another, working with my worst customer (wife), tearing out the previous a**hole's (me) work out. My wife thinks it's fun for some odd reason when I'm doing all the work I fail to see the fun during the process just satisfaction at the completion.

For some reason working on my own home I feel unorganized and everything is a challenge maybe I need to pay myself.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
30,166 Posts
Never knew about your daughter.
So sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
General Construction
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've been remodeling my own home on more than just weekends for over a year now. Although some things were on my list it all started when my daughter passed away in 2020 I felt lost/empty needed something to do. Not sure what I'll do when I'm finished more importantly it's keeping my wife semi occupied.

One thing leads to another, working with my worst customer (wife), tearing out the previous a**hole's (me) work out. My wife thinks it's fun for some odd reason when I'm doing all the work I fail to see the fun during the process just satisfaction at the completion.

For some reason working on my own home I feel unorganized and everything is a challenge maybe I need to pay myself.
Yep and then you’ll be in the middle of something and your mind just goes blank even though you do whatever it is constantly, our place is getting a full remodel also, we’ll never a house out again after that experience…
Sorry about your daughter bud

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Never knew about your daughter.
So sorry to hear that.
Thanks, I had a post back in April 2020.

Yep and then you’ll be in the middle of something and your mind just goes blank even though you do whatever it is constantly, our place is getting a full remodel also, we’ll never a house out again after that experience…
Sorry about your daughter bud

I can't find pencils and tape measures I just had in my hand, go out to my van and don't even get what I went there for. Granted I do this stuff on the jobsite but at home it's constant, I guess at home my dementia kicks in.

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
Same here. Everything takes forever, can't find the simplest tools, never have the right screws and on and on.

I go hard for a few months, then lose interest for a while, then get back at it.

Now I have a half dozen projects to finish up before the rains get here.

The rains are here.

Oh, and still can't get paint to finish the exterior of my place.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts