Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Web Dude
153 Posts
I'd stay away from any of the free web builders. Usually comes with ads on the page, or will give you a website that looks like the ugly chick at the school dance.

If you're looking to build your own site, go to Wordpress or Joomla. If you're looking for a pro site, send a check to my mail box at....

Wordpress is easier to learn, Joomla offers more flexiblity.

My $.35 worth :)

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
J, you're very generous. I wouldn't have offered that for anything less than 40¢. Sorry about the inflation, but 2¢ doesn't buy much any more.

·
Web Dude
153 Posts
Well the reason you would of done it for $.40 is to cover the cost of the check getting mailed to YOU! hahaha

$.02 used to buy a man a whole lotta conversation :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
anyone use them?
http://www.webstarts.com/

seems easy to use and start a website.

just dont know if the website would looks professional or not.

i dont need anything fancy, just something that work easy for editing.

i made a site, but isnt up and running so i cant give a link

How much do you want to spend? If you can give that I can give you some options. The more money you have, the more options you have.

Damon Hill was asked if he was paid more would he drive faster. I'm paraphrasing but I believe he said 'Yeah I think that is true'. Just my Sunday morning humor.

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
Save your $4 and go to your local coffee shop twice. While you're there, hand out a bunch of business cards. You'll probably get a much higher ROI. I know that sounds crude, but site builders are pretty close to useless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts